Weightloss Challenge v 1.1

Gravity

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a weightloss challenge?

• Yes, that would be cool
    • No Fatso go eat another cheeseburger

I'm in! Starting at 113kg, height is 1.77m!! Lost 5 kg last year in first year of cycling - want to lose min 2X that this year.

Edited by Aonyx

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in too.

Suggest % weight loss only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you are still growing in height or plan on shrinking in height, your % weight loss will be the same as your % BMI reduction (because height remains constant). <_<

starting weight - 107kg

height - 1.79m

BMI - 33.4 (i.e. obese!! :o )

yup... :oops:

So what is the perfect BMI for a person? And does it differ between male and female

As far as I know it should be round 24-25. don't know if it differs for male and female

last thing I read was 18.5 - 25 is the normal range...... of course people with loads of muscles (they are heavy) will come above that.. but to be below that and healthy is rare.

Take BMI for what it is, a GUIDE. Differs extremely depending on body type, gender, etc.

Has its uses, but not a fixed rule!

Its just a way of tracking your kCal balance on a daily basis to make sure that you will reach your target weight within your target period.

If you have the dicipline to follow it you WILL loose weight, you just take the uncertainty out of the equation...you still got to get down and do the work though.

Its just a way of tracking your kCal balance on a daily basis to make sure that you will reach your target weight within your target period.

If you have the dicipline to follow it you WILL loose weight, you just take the uncertainty out of the equation...you still got to get down and do the work though.

I had a quick look at the sheet! looks pretty basic to operate! but very very cwl!!

Thank you!!! :clap: :clap:

Well i just went ahead and totally screwed up calorie intake for the day.

By my calculations i am going to have to cycle home at 150% of max HR.

Then go to the gym and spend 2hours on the spinning bike, and then swim 3km.

f#*k, should have just said no to that toasted sarmie......but it was good, at least i didnt have chuckles with it.

OK, 106kg and 182m ..... I can still fit in my 36inch (= 90cm) jeans but not sure what the measurement is round the 'love handles'

I think % loss is good as for a 120kg person its easier to loose, than a 90kg...

we could also consider

[start bmi - current bmi]/start bmi = % bmi lost

which is fairer as it takes into account height.

(BMI = weight/[height in Metres x height in Metres])

IMHO the BMI method can be deceiving :- example .. if you increase your muscle mass (without loss of fat) - your BMI will increase - So how do you know if your gym leg, core, etc strength training has produced more muscle - (or if you gained more fat from your recovery meals) ?

One has to find a body fat % measurement that is easily accessibly. Skin fold caliper testing etc requires a trained expert - but Virgin Active gyms (and others) have machines to measure this (free to members) - I am lucky I have a fancy scale that does it for me.

Of course measured weight reduction is the goal here - but I think reducing Body Fat % should also be a criteria (?)

Hey LL, the problem with % body fat is its accessibility as you have mentioned.

The body fat % thing at my gym doesnt work, (maybe my arm is too fat)

I had a quick look at the sheet! looks pretty basic to operate! but very very cwl!!

Thank you!!! :clap: :clap:

No worries. Im glad if helps.