Stop scammers on the hub

rouxtjie

In light of what seems to be a scammer on the hub recently, maybe we can put a few suggestions on the table for admin regarding this. I will start with a few...please shoot them down and add your own ideas. Maybe these have been mentioned before, but shoot anyway

rating system - defnitely a previous request

being a hub member for a period of time before allowing to sell items

trader fee to be paid to the hub of +- 50 bucks if you want sell items

required field must be filled in before posting sale + pics of items, not from the net

anyone else

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what ODP does... There is a few guys looking at the ads that either approve or reject the add. but the you need people who will do that again

Trader fee? I wont pay R50 to sell a stem of a R100....the fee I think shouldn't be asked as all 99% of hubbers is honest. My opinion

In light of what seems to be a scammer on the hub recently, maybe we can put a few suggestions on the table for admin regarding this. I will start with a few...please shoot them down and add your own ideas. Maybe these have been mentioned before, but shoot anyway

rating system - defnitely a previous request

ja, but how do you sell your first item?only trust guys with 10+ positive feedbacks?what if a few guys gang up and give you some negative feedback?...can be a mission to control

being a hub member for a period of time before allowing to sell items

self regulating...don't buy from an oke who's been on the hub for 2 days

trader fee to be paid to the hub of +- 50 bucks if you want sell items

that's a debatable point, but will definitely drive people away.

required field must be filled in before posting sale + pics of items, not from the net

self-regulating, but i do like forcing people to fill in obvious details (ie. price)

anyone else

a possible suggestion is to do the couchsurfing verification method....you swing a charge of $0.01 through their payment system, and the cardholder details have to match up with your name and stays on their records incase of gripes. not a mandatory process, BUT you are more likely to trust a verified member

Trader fee? I wont pay R50 to sell a stem of a R100....the fee I think shouldn't be asked as all 99% of hubbers is honest. My opinion

Just throwing it out there, my thinking is scammers wont bother if they have to invest 50 bucks as a once off fee for all their sales, they would move on to the next site.

Edited by rouxtjie

All suspicious sellers to wear a clamping devise around their nuts... if the goods aren't delivered the device tightens and can only be removed by an "appi" welder... if the buyer is happy he sends the seller a code that releases the devise (and his nuts) :P

So how do people work the CRC joint purchase? If there is a group of you that want to buy to get the free delivery, what is the "protocol" among hubbers?

Just throwing it out there, my thinking is scammers wont bother if they have to invest 50 bucks as a once off fee for all their sales, they would move on to the next site.

Cuts both ways I guess - R50 and a fake id to gain 'legitimacy' on a site - could be like manna from heaven for some scammers?

I wouldn't do a joint purchase with just anybody....so I would check out his "pedigree" on the hub I suppose. There is no protocol, it's really about your own judgement

I'm completely against "nanny state" type scenarios so I'm gonna go with "don't change a thing".

C'mon people - it's piss easy not to be scammed.

Cuts both ways I guess - R50 and a fake id to gain 'legitimacy' on a site - could be like manna from heaven for some scammers?

I agree, that one has some holes in it :blush:

I'm completely against "nanny state" type scenarios so I'm gonna go with "don't change a thing".

C'mon people - it's piss easy not to be scammed.

What he said!

You don't buy the stuff, you buy the seller.

Or not.