Road vs MT Biking Attitudes

janneman72

Being new on the roads here in SA, I've found in general roadies and mtb'ers to be friendly.

It's common practice to say hello in europe when you pass a fellow rider, no matter where you are. Whilst out on my rides in KZN, 9/10 I say hello and get a hello back. It's only a small number who blank me. No animosity experienced here

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride both and I do have to agree... When I'm on my road bike and I greet a fellow roadie, I almost always get some form of response. However, when I'm on my mountain bike riding along the road to get to Tokai and I greet a roadie, more often than not I get ignored... Strange to think that it's simply because of the different bikes? :unsure:

Being new on the roads here in SA, I've found in general roadies and mtb'ers to be friendly.

It's common practice to say hello in europe when you pass a fellow rider, no matter where you are. Whilst out on my rides in KZN, 9/10 I say hello and get a hello back. It's only a small number who blank me. No animosity experienced here

Where you from originally?

Oh I know all about that first time I felt a hand on my as I was like what the hell but turns out the guy was helping me up a hill

And you believed that did you?

BOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man, I was busy. When we get moderators can we also get a big bin labelled: Recurring Discussions in which to thrust all meaningless repetitive drivel?

ok what about a mtb with slicks on? where does he/she fall - Hermaphrobike? :D

Bwah ha ha ha - Brilliant :clap:

TO have a BlackBerry tells people you're a hardcore business man, to have an iPhone is like saying I'm chill but I also do business.

I thought having an iPhone (any apple product really) is like saying I'm a homesexual mini driver.

:blink:

MTBing is more fun. Period.

This is regardless of how hard you're pushing it - whether you're hitting 95% of your HRR and kakking off a new lung, or pootling around with the fairies at 5kph. There's just so much more gratification.

AND - you get muddy! With road biking you just get wet and dieselly. Not cool.

I thought having an iPhone (any apple product really) is like saying I'm a homesexual mini driver.

:blink:

Don't you mean "homosexual wanna-be-mini-but-really-a-very-cute-little-sparkly-BMW driver"?

And iPods don't fit into that. Not with Sennheiser HD212 headphones, that is...

Edited by cptmayhem

Don't you mean "homosexual wanna-be-mini-but-really-a-very-cute-little-sparkly-BMW driver"?

And iPods don't fit into that. Not with Sennheiser HD212 headphones, that is...

Touche :thumbup:

And you believed that did you?

If you are thinking about as grabbing when you a going up a monster hill ....

Touche :thumbup:

Yeah, 'cos a Mini, in my opinion, is a small 2 door motor vehicle, designed by Alec Issigonis and originally made by Morris. Another variety is the commonly known mini "clubman" which is most often seen in 1275e / GT / GTS :drool: guise.

No way those are gay.

I'm a roadie, and if I thought there was anything worthwhile being posted in this thread, I might have deigned to reply to it.

I'm a roadie, and if I thought there was anything worthwhile being posted in this thread, I might have deigned to reply to it.

Hi