[Event] TransBaviaans 2011

EcoBound MTB Events

Hi guys, what do you recommend accommodation wise for six people(if anything left)...We camped last year at Finchley Farm but I've been voted out on that, the others want to sleep on a bed for some reason...

Think you might battle now to get accomodation as most places seem to be fully booked up.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll assume you're referring to the part that wasn't in gale force wind Musashi, or maybe you were fast enough to have missed that part :)

I canlt remember any wind last year. Moerse HOT though

Edited by 4u2nv

I canlt remember any wind last year. Moerse HOT though

I can't remember the wind either. In fact, I remember pretty much perfect conditions. But it was hot!

Think you might battle now to get accomodation as most places seem to be fully booked up.

Hi all

Finding accomdation near Willmore seems to be a problem. Any suggestions regard any other farms / towns or ideas on transportation logistics?

Thanks

Aish, looks like we will just have to do the camping thing then...Will keep looking though. Please let me know if anyone comes across something in the meantime.

I can't remember the wind either. In fact, I remember pretty much perfect conditions. But it was hot!

We had quite an hectic wind on Neverender, this was between 1-2 in the morning, you guys were probably sound asleep by then!

You'll find that most people who were happy with their accomodation, book for the next year as they check out the morning before the race. That's what we do. If you don't most of the good places are taken 6months before the time.

We had quite an hectic wind on Neverender, this was between 1-2 in the morning, you guys were probably sound asleep by then!

Yip. Finished 21:00, in bed by 23:00. In 2009 we finished at 3:30 - longest day of my life.

Yip. Finished 21:00, in bed by 23:00. In 2009 we finished at 3:30 - longest day of my life.

We like to get value for our money :D Spent about 2.5hrs at the checkpoints, finished just before 03.00. Wind was a howler from the side and at some sections from the front all the way up the Neverender!!!

Hi

I have done the TB before and have enjoyed every last body aching moment.

I'm looking to join or make a team for the TB 2011, are there any teams looking to have a spot filled.

We like to get value for our money :D Spent about 2.5hrs at the checkpoints, finished just before 03.00. Wind was a howler from the side and at some sections from the front all the way up the Neverender!!!

Same here, you pay allot, enjoy the checkpoints, checkpoint 3 are favourite.

Hi,

Am looking at joining a team for this event, if anyone is looking for a team mate for whatever reason, please let me know.

yeah. I was asleep by 10, but felt dead by 6

How doable is this race? I'm keen to enter and got some mates pushing me to join them but VERY wary of the distance...

I'm doing the Garden Route 200 next month and am currently riding 3-4 times a week averaging about 150km a week.

Am I gonna die if I tackle the TB? :blink: