[Event] TransBaviaans 2011

EcoBound MTB Events

How doable is this race? I'm keen to enter and got some mates pushing me to join them but VERY wary of the distance...

I'm doing the Garden Route 200 next month and am currently riding 3-4 times a week averaging about 150km a week.

Am I gonna die if I tackle the TB? :blink:

Very doable, just dont go too hard the first 100km yourself

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very doable, just dont go too hard the first 100km yourself

Ek is bly jy is so positief Sampie!! Ek is baie bang!

Ek is bly jy is so positief Sampie!! Ek is baie bang!

Beskou dit as 'n avontuur nie 'n resies nie en hoop die weer hou anders kan dit sleg raak.... was op kort kennisgewing ingesluit in die span laas jaar, redelik onvoorbereid maar het goed gehou was 16 ure besig maar pelle het "tydgemors" by die waterpunte. Good luck ek het wel nou al begin voor berei. :thumbup:

Die MAC is erg maar ek vind die Fangs / Tande half erger

Ja die resies begin eers na Geelhoutbos..... :o :lol:

How doable is this race? I'm keen to enter and got some mates pushing me to join them but VERY wary of the distance...

I'm doing the Garden Route 200 next month and am currently riding 3-4 times a week averaging about 150km a week.

Am I gonna die if I tackle the TB? :blink:

I would suggest doing about one trip per week of about 100km offroad, and with climbing above 2000m. Not technical, but tough and then 2-3 more over 30km per week. This should be the least that you do to minimise the pain. I would try to average 250 a week. Last year I did 200 a week and almost died.

I would suggest doing about one trip per week of about 100km offroad, and with climbing above 2000m. Not technical, but tough and then 2-3 more over 30km per week. This should be the least that you do to minimise the pain. I would try to average 250 a week. Last year I did 200 a week and almost died.

GULP! How long did you train for doing 200km a week?

Two years ago I went in four months from 15kg overweight and zero exercise to completing the TB (17.5 hours). If you ride 8 to 10 hours a week with a few long rides inbetween you should be fine (and even enjoy it!).

Die neverender is die ergste. Mens dink jy's klaar en dan kom daai lang bult wat nooit ophou nie.

Two years ago I went in four months from 15kg overweight and zero exercise to completing the TB (17.5 hours). If you ride 8 to 10 hours a week with a few long rides inbetween you should be fine (and even enjoy it!).

There's a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel :clap:

There's a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel :clap:

As always, each to his own...Last year I did my first TB. At that point I've been cycling for about 9 months. I did 3 spinning classes a week and tried to get in a longish(longest was 120km once) ride over the weekend, starting about 3 months prior to the event. We were all novices and I was probably the weakest in the team. We finished in just under 17hrs...So, if you just wanna finish, TB is do-able and you'll even enjoy it!!! As in previous post we also spent some 2.5hrs at the checkpoints :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi all

A few questions"

When do the entries close?

Is there a transport service to the finish for our fresh kit and also a shuttle get back to the start?

Thx!!

Hi all

A few questions"

Is there a transport service to the finish for our fresh kit and also a shuttle get back to the start?

Thx!!

Not to sure about transport but think the entries close when they have reached 400 teams. Not 100% sure

And as usual the organisers are DEAD quiet...... :thumbdown: The site does not get updated, none of the Hub's Q's get answered. Definitely not the way to do it.

Hi all

A few questions"

Thx!!

Yup, entries close when they reach 400 teams, last year this was round about 20 July, don't know where they are at numbers wise...

No transport service to the finish, you use your support vehicle for that. No shuttle back to Willowmore as far as I know.