Irony

bikemonster

On Thursday evening, driving down Jip de Jager I saw a dude on a bike. He waved cheerily at a ladyperson riding her bike in the opposite direction, which I thought was polite.

Then he tapped his fist against the side of his helmeted head, to indicate that the ladyperson ought to be wearing a helmet too.

...and then he proceeded to breeze through every red light on Jip de Jager.

So, double numbnuts then!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday evening, driving down Jip de Jager I saw a dude on a bike. He waved cheerily at a ladyperson riding her bike in the opposite direction, which I thought was polite.

Then he tapped his fist against the side of his helmeted head, to indicate that the ladyperson ought to be wearing a helmet too.

...and then he proceeded to breeze through every red light on Jip de Jager.

So, double numbnuts then!

:eek:

'Jip de Jager' is the funniest street name I've heard today.

Oh, and on topic, maybe the guy feels he is safe to hit red lights cause he has a helmet on.

edit: forgot to add a thumb smiley...

:thumbup: :thumbdown: :thumbup:

Edited by TNT1

Ever skipped a robot? Ever went riding without your helmet?

Um, done and do, both...

*gasp*

silly roadie

Um,the only time I ride a bicycle without a helmet is when I ride the mtb - offroad - my mtb is seriously allergic to tar... And besides, we agreed on that other fred that there is no distinction, just guys on bikes...

Um,the only time I ride a bicycle without a helmet is when I ride the mtb - offroad - my mtb is seriously allergic to tar... And besides, we agreed on that other fred that there is no distinction, just guys on bikes...

you serious? but why?

ok fine then:

*gasp*

Silly guy on bike.. :P

I am yet to see a roadie stop at a traffic light. I can honestly not remember if I have ever seen one.

Most just cruise on through, apparently something to do with it lowering their average speed

I am yet to see a roadie stop at a traffic light. I can honestly not remember if I have ever seen one.

Most just cruise on through, apparently something to do with it lowering their average speed

Come shadow me on my training rides. Early morning (no traffic around, I "ghost" through after making sure it is safe, if there is cars around, I stop) Rest of time, I stop at every stop street and red traffic light on my way.

Ignorance or macho-ness????? ..... even the Aussies wear their helmets when they ride in the floodwaters..... maybe they should be wearing life jackets as well??????

So who would you say is more at wrong here?

Ever skipped a robot? Ever went riding without your helmet?

Trick question, which everybody else has gotten wrong so far.

You are more at wrong here - it should be "Ever been riding without your helmet.

:D

Edited by bikemonster