Sad sad news - death in Tokai

Terrible... all the best to the family and friends.

ps. just ordered ICE band for myself and riding bud

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so sad :(

I have ICE ID and i wear it as a permanent fixture on my arm, even when not cycling. It is part of my arm furniture.

Not nice at all. I know what it feels like to be in that situation. When my son was in ICU, a 8 year old girl died two beds away and they were giving her CPR but she did not make it. Really really **** seeing that. RIP

Sad news indeed, RIP Andrew :(

Those interested in CPR courses can to so through Discovery Vitality at ER24, Nedcare 911 and a couple of other accredited providers.

Condolences to the family – RIP Andy.

Will get myself one of those ICE wristbands now and relearn CPR - long time since I learned it in the army!

Yeah, really sad news.

Thing is, one of those is literally just R 150. Small price to pay for peace of mind. Alternatively, make one yourself... It'll just take 30 mins of your time.

Plus, it's visible. Sometimes the medics may not be able to rotate you to check if you have anything in your pockets, and that takes time. Something on your arm, however, is readily accessible.

Good Day All,

RIP Andrew.

It is definitely very important to always carry as much medical information with you as possible, but the most important are a contact number for a next of kin. This has to be someone that has knowledge about your medical conditions and personal information.

I work for one of the major national ambulance service and are more than happy to come and speak to anyone regarding the availability of emergency services in the areas where you train, work or live.

I can be contact either by phone: 0832327410

Or via email: westmetro@er24.co.za

Safe cycling to all of you.

Regards

Craig Wylie