Shoes!

wesley_r

I've tried City Rock 3 times for five-tens in my size (UK 12/13) but with no joy. The high import duty and the sizing risk have stopped me from ordering online, so right now I'm just on the hunt for a pair of sneakers I can dedicate to the MTB...

I was very happy with how my Vans gripped (good old waffle sole) until they died - where the hell in Cape Town can you buy a well priced pair of Vans, with a decent range of sizes? Anyone?

Don't look past Etnies or a pair of DC. I personally ride with Etnies and love e'm :thumbup:

Don't know where you could start looking in Cape Town but you could maybe try a couple of skate stores? ie Sidewalk Surfing :unsure:

Did some phoning and followed some leads - found my size at Renegade (town), Surf Centre (Canal Walk) and Tekkie Town in S-West, will go check them out tomorrow :thumbup:

Surf centre has the TNT II which is a mid top. I love the fact that it comes in orange, but I'm not convinced about the mid top bit...

Wes: where in town u get em renegades?

LOL

allow me to rephrase

the shop is called RENEGADE :thumbup: it's in long street. This pair is called the "Rowley Stripe Synthetic" - made from synthetic suede / canvas apparently. Cost R489 on special - was R695 elsewhere!

Sweet pair of kicks you have there!

shot. I'm actually going to feel bad riding in (destroying) them hahaha...

• 9 months later...

Glad I found this thread, Im looking for shoes I used to ride with. Vans VMX, the old school close fitting type. Nothing grips or supports like those shoes. If anyone spots a pair of them in Cape Town, or good deal on the interwebs let me know. Prefrebly the black ones.

post-28006-0-88757000-1321113437.jpg

Edited by braailegend

Also in Access Park, cant remember the name of the shop. Its a big store, they stock fox clothing as well

Will make a plan to go check it out this holiday, because im not a fan of the puffy shoes, and the canvas dont give enough support.

What do you guys look for in a shoe? I usually want a sole that is as rigid as possilble, with good grip. That honeycome pattern at the bottom of the vmx, is my favourite by far.

Glad I found this thread, Im looking for shoes I used to ride with. Vans VMX, the old school close fitting type. Nothing grips or supports like those shoes. If anyone spots a pair of them in Cape Town, or good deal on the interwebs let me know. Prefrebly the black ones.

...well that's cos you haven't tried FiveTens yet ;)

Once converted... you can't go back :lol:

Got some of these on their way from mud island, as we speak

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/fi/five-ten-baron-flat-bmx-mtb-shoes.jpg

Oh, and these are in the shipment too

http://www.descent-gear.com/media/prod_images_nodel/4ce128a21adca.jpg

The grip factor is going to be killer! Nigh unto being clipped in!

Tekkie Town N1 City had a half price sale on all Vans...I nearly died.

Yup! was about to suggest them as a Vans stockist

Edited by patches