Used bike dealers

Edge_Design

Let me just rephrase that, not that I am saying half the okes on the hub deal with stolen goods. Thats not true. What I mean is that most of us love buying and then selling things again. :D

Getting your BIG foot stuck in your mouth Big J-WP :lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tikki - it is only funny if it does not happen to YOU! :thumbdown:

Dude you right sorry ,im just laughing about the hub and the things you read here, people say here, fight over , kinda like days of the hub , O and by the way got hijack in 1999

by 3, 6 foot plus dudes , smacked on the head with a hammer almost stabed and run over

by a car while stoping it for help , 25 meters from the police station, But they never got the bike :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Still rub the hole in my head every day, could not ride home at night for 6 months after that, you see the bike was not mine, my friends and did not have the heart ( or cash for a new one) to tell him its gone, so i fought back and won.

MTB_Roadie - obviously it is far less suspicious if you buy a mixed bike from a cyclist than from someon who is a non-cyclist.

Addionally, if someone's pricing is off it means their margins are huge - intersting parallel is that per Carte Blache (about 10 years ago) most stolen cars sell for about R3000 by the original thief.

doubt most cyclist will sell a mixed bike...they'd rather sell a complete build or sell in parts...cyclist dont rob other cyclist (or not that i know off). There have been loads of attacks at Red Hill, rhodes,etc , bike theft happened alot in that part of Cape Town...so where do you sell it? Your closest second hand dealer which is mainly shops in Main rd in the Woodstock area which happens to be not far from those areas...I am not saying the guy is a crook....but the people he deals with clearly can be, and he must up his knowledge a bit to noticed rebuilds of bikes,etc....in that way he can cover himself.

something like 90% of stolen vehicles that are picked up at borderposts in South africa have the original keys in them = result of hi-jacking

so yeah, you can buy vehicles with coded uncopyable keys, microdots, etc, .. no use if you are hijacked

(so just make sure that you do make sure the next of kin knows about the dots, serials, etc, so if you do get jacked and cannot speak for yourself, at least the recovery chances and conviction rates can go up)

No worries, I will give him a call tomorrow so he can come and defend himself here if he so wishes. Then you guys can ask him personally instead of shredding his name like this behind his back.

It is actually disgracefull!

Edited by The_Break