Do you mind if I take a good look at your bike

103 members have voted

1. 1. Touching my bike...

• ...any time, no problem, anybody may.
    • ...sure if you ask. But don't think anything of it if I say no.
    • ...nobody but me I'm afraid.

Glad to hear that others are as protective of their bikes, as I am

I have been known to park her in such a way that both valve caps are deliberately orientated. That way I can tell if she was moved in my absence.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geees, you guys have serious OCD issues when it gets to bikes. I don't mind okes sitting on, playing with or even riding with my bikes.

I man-handle my MTB big-time while riding it, so I don't think anybody else can do something worse by doing anything else with it...

But then, I see cars, bikes and whatever as "functional" items, not as "decorative" items...

If you have a R1000 bike, and that is the best you can afford, then hell no, if you have some of the Pro bikes which can range very high, then don't even look to hard. Most people have their bikes insured, if they don't care for them, they why insure?

Anyone entering my bikes room, is told, "Those are my bikes, and I am very funny when it comes to my bikes", they get the message when they notice I am not laughing

I guess the idea of a swingers bike party is totally out of the question? :rolleyes: ... We all take our bikes and get to try each others out, or perhaps watch somebody else trying out your ride LOL

Dude, he was casually bumming my top tube while texting.

WTF was your bike doing in the garage .... have some respect man :eek:

you may not touch my bike or my guitars or my drums or my tools without filling in my 12 page application form and if you r application is approved :D

you may not touch my bike or my guitars or my drums or my tools without filling in my 12 page application form and if you r application is approved :D

Don't even get me started on my guitars......especially the one I built myself

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/DaLoCo69/1st%20bass%20manf/61231_438596387364_657227364_4984709_3012621_n.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/DaLoCo69/1st%20bass%20manf/61231_438596397364_657227364_4984711_1907173_n-1.jpg

I will rip your heart out with my heel :angry:

Bike, car and camera gear! Out of bounds! .... The woman, well if your's is hotter, then tit for tat! Gotta make up for OCD somewhere :P

How do you feel about others handling your ride?

Please share.

Personally I am very protective.

This weekend I had a rare explosion when I went to the garage and found the gardener sitting on my bike during his lunch break.

My hand will still be warm, his ear still ringing...

When I collected my new TCR, I didn't want to leave it on the car (bike rack), so I brought it into the office.

The boss comes past a little later and says "woooo, that looks nice" and promptly climbs onto it!

Don't even get me started on my guitars......especially the one I built myself

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/DaLoCo69/1st%20bass%20manf/61231_438596387364_657227364_4984709_3012621_n.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/DaLoCo69/1st%20bass%20manf/61231_438596397364_657227364_4984711_1907173_n-1.jpg

I will rip your heart out with my heel :angry:

very nice, what wood you use?

Impressive, DaLoCo! It's kiff seeing that some guys still make things - and make them well - while the rest of the world vegs in front on their TV.

thanks i thought i was doing a good thing by letting a friend use my bike the weekend. now i am trying to comfort myself in a corner crying! its all your fault! i want my bike back!

very nice, what wood you use?

Thanks for the compliments.

The neck is an Ash and Mahogany laminate, and the body is Mahogany from two different areas of the tree with an Imbuia top.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/DaLoCo69/1st%20bass%20manf/61231_438596412364_657227364_4984714_5268731_n.jpg

The pickups are just some of the neck laninate I shaved of to cover them. The neck is a fretless with lines (training wheels) :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my thought on my bikes:

I have let doctors check out prostrate and my nuts.

But touch my bike and you will need a doctor.

Worst thing I ever saw. Bunch ride and we stop at the local Spar. Half guys go inside to buy snacks. One dude checks out a nice 50k Trek parking against the wall. Climbs on and starts riding it around the parking lot. Owner comes back, where the f... is my bike. Was the last time we saw the guy who was riding around the parking lot.