Cape Sub Vets

Dicky DQ

that is why it is called racing.....if racing is not for you' date=' what are you doing in the leagues?Confused
[/quote']Because he can?

then make the racing positive.....Confused

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have a heart for the poor dude who dropped after the n/z Shocked

There were 4 of them that dropped just after the NZ. That must have sucked... I suffered enough doing the last 20km on my own..

that is why it is called racing.....if racing is not for you' date=' what are you doing in the leagues?Confused
[/quote']Because he can?

then make the racing positive.....Confused

And what is this?

there was strong wind and I tried to help and work in the front' date=' but

everybody just sat behind me far too long before I nearly ran out of my

gas[/quote'] Guess that if he had a team to work with/for that would be counted as positive racing?? But different strokes for different folks ... Maybe next time he goes to the front he'll know to gutter as well. Or because he has nothing to gain he'll just sit tight and stay off the front.

Hey Peter' date=' why don't the Subbies challenge the Vets and we combine the field?

Saw the VETS beat the very positive Subbies yesterdayTongue

[/quote']

Hey Vetstes!

Jy is braaf so vroeg op 'n Maandagoggend! So hoe was jou race gewees?

Dagse "duk" Naas!

My moer af gewerk(99 keer attack) tot ons Bikemax ge-"lap" het, daarna bietjie pap gewees om te sprint - sa ma B/vale moet wenWink

Bikemax, you rode vets last summer, were dropped so fast that you never saw any racing! At least with the subbies you can keep up.

Looks like I need to make my 5th comeback in 5 years. So where will I ride, subs looks easier.

You get racing (league) and then you get pace-lining (funride groups). If you want a good time, ride in the alphabet soup. If you want to race, ride league. I prefer racing, even if I know I could get a better time in the C group. The racing in SV is harder than C group pace line.

Bikemax' date=' you rode vets last summer, were dropped so fast that you never saw any racing! At least with the subbies you can keep up.

Looks like I need to make my 5th comeback in 5 years. So where will I ride, subs looks easier.
[/quote']

I look forward to welcoming you to the bunch Wink

How would the tactics be different if you had less individual riders and more teams?

More teams means more attacking racing as riders are sent up the road trying to get moves away. More teams also means more chasing down of those moves as teams will have riders who are designated to this sort of role.

Why should an individual rider take the chance of ruining his chances by chasing when others won't help ? With more teams this happens less. Take WCE race as an example - once Andreas had got away then if Arauma carriers were not willing to chase alone then it was game over becasue the individual riders were better off saving their legs and hoping to get a few points in the sprint. If there had been more teams then they would all have sent a few riders to contribute to the chase.

BikeMax2007-10-29 10:02:26

How would the tactics be different if you had less individual riders and more teams?

More teams means more attacking racing as riders are sent up the road trying to get moves away. More teams also means more chasing down of those moves as teams will have riders who are designated to this sort of role.
Why should an individual rider take the chance of ruining his chances by chasing when others won't help ? With more teams this happens less. Take WCE race as an example - once Andreas had got away then if Arauma carriers were not willing to chase alone then it was game over becasue the individual riders were better off saving their legs and hoping to get a few points in the sprint. If there had been more teams then they would all have sent a few riders to contribute to the chase.

It sounds like it's way more exciting. Why aren't there more teams?

I really think that racing in the Cape would really benefit if there were more teams. At the moment the individuals are completely reactive unless they are strong enough to break and TT for the duration which is not exactly likely. Even if the teams are weaker they would still have some impact on the racing.  For one, the guttering would also be different. If you get guttered as an individual you try like hell to find some shade. If you get guttered as a group then you form your own paceline (or at least that is an option that you don't have as an individual, in theory anyway)

Guest colonel

Looks like I need to make my 5th comeback in 5 years.

I didnt know you went anywhere???

Wink

Guest colonel

In Summer there will be more teams in SV I can promise you that.

Good question - it needs a person to organise and get a team together and it also needs riders who are prepared to ride for others (which in my experience is something not many are happy to do) Costs need not be high but commitment and effort are essential.

Put one together - you guys would be great.

Colonel - Are you riding in a team? Are there always more teams in the Summer League compared to the Spring league? I know there are SV riders/team(s) who are currently riding Elites, but will ride SV again in Summer league.

PokerFace2007-10-29 10:10:24