Not all riders cheered in

Dirt-junkie

Everybody has an axe to grind - mine is TV covergage - I never get to be on TV - normally they're busy interviewing the sweaty out of breath winner when I come in...

I'm just far enough back that the TV people only pay attention to the riders just in front of me and too far forward to make the "fun ride" slot.

Damnit - I demand TV footage of riders finishing 7th-20th!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for real? It's not April first yet is it? Is this dimwit just getting his submission for most retarded post of the year in early?

I agree fully. I also think they should have every single 25 000 riders who finish the argus on TV and on the podium and interviewd by the mayor

Everybody has an axe to grind - mine is TV covergage - I never get to be on TV -

Heh heh...I've been on several episodes of sevende laan, and one or two commercials in Korea...

is this the same as road cyclists not greeting MTBikers. The judges must be road cyclists - The plot thickens.....

Edited by Chubba

I agree fully. I also think they should have every single 25 000 riders who finish the argus on TV and on the podium and interviewd by the mayor

Yeah, and look out at the end of the dischem ride for sight, if a 4 year old with a mohawk gives you a medal, that be my son...

Do the Knysna Cycle Tour and / or Karoo to Coast. Support and vibe at the end is awesome (especially in the beer tent) even after 6+ hours in the saddle.

you obviously didn't select the "please cheer me into the finish" option when you entered.

only problem is you have to pay in biltong apparently...

Heh heh...I've been on several episodes of sevende laan, and one or two commercials in Korea...

You know the drill - pic of yourself on couch.

Do it now :lol:

You know the drill - pic of yourself on couch.

Do it now :lol:

No way, you've seen helloise and her couch, that covers me...

Edited by TNT1

Actually - if you like cheering then take up running. I did a night race on foot with my running pals this week and it was awesome hearing what the roadside cheerers had to say - normally on bikes all you hear is YAAAaaaaaa..... as you speed past.

Plus the clubs wait for their members at the end and cheer them on.

If running did't suck so much I'd do more of it :)

No way, you've seen helloise and her couch, that covers me...

Did she actually end up posting a pic?

Good for her - it takes some balls (so to speak).

Hang on...

Ah - cute little thing she is - no couch though so pic disregarded...

Did she actually end up posting a pic?

Good for her - it takes some balls (so to speak).

Hang on...

Ah - cute little thing she is - no couch though so pic disregarded...

The couch is there,on its own in a separate pic...

Last year after finishing the world funride champs for a second time, I had a couple of well deserved beers.

Then made our way to the finish line and started supporting all the Robbie Hunters (in barloworld kit) and Lance Armstong's (in Astana, US Postal and Discovery kit). There were Schleck brothers, Hushovd's, Cancelarra's, Ullrich's, polka dot COM's, Pink leaders of the Giro de Italia, World Champs and many more!

You will be amazed at how many there were and how many recognized their names ... or not! :lol:

The couch is there,on its own in a separate pic...

Indeed - I see cassie even merged the two! I love thehub!

Is this for real? It's not April first yet is it? Is this dimwit just getting his submission for most retarded post of the year in early?

That "dimwit" as you so kindly put it is a woman. Not that thats an issue

Welcome to the hub stukkie, Seems you got a proper hub welcoming , roughly translated as lets flame the @#$#@ out of the noob). Never mind all these here tjops :P they are generally a fun croud. But be warned the pesona's on the hub will put you in the same position as a man trying to understand a women.

And all us boys know thats impossible we just fake the whole "effort" to make it look like we are trying. And yeah some races have better vibes than others. Thats just life i guess.