Just saying ;)

Edited by BigS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think how much further he could have won on a 29'er :lol:

Kidding that is awesome and well done to him.

I rode a 29" today (Thanks King_Crispy)

I really enjoyed it but contrary to popular belief you still have to pedal and I couldn't get it to levitate either

Edited by chris_w_65

During this week a guy on MTBR (Cannondale link) posted he had changed back from 29 to 26 after having four 29ers in a row. Reason: bought a 26 and found he is not riding his 29er.

The post were followed by a number of respondents agreeing the same thing.

Note: the post was not spark by a debate or anything, just a remark by this guy. I only noticed it since the timing coincided with our own 29 vs 26 debate.

Kevin Evans was riding a 29'er today - I wonder how he found it.

I came across a few guys with these big wheels, some seemed to be struggling.

Edited by kosmonooit

It's called a PENDULUM - and it usually SWINGS BACK! Especially when MARKETING has pushed it too far in one direction.

i think sometimes,some people,get carried away with all the latest gadgets and gizmos and forget about just riding for the pure fun of it all.who cares what bike you or the next oke rides.seems to me that a bike,whether a 29er or 26er,hardtail or full suspension,still has to be ridden by a dedicated rider to win a race.

i think sometimes,some people,get carried away with all the latest gadgets and gizmos and forget about just riding for the pure fun of it all.who cares what bike you or the next oke rides.seems to me that a bike,whether a 29er or 26er,hardtail or full suspension,still has to be ridden by a dedicated rider to win a race.

Well said!thumbup1.gif

I haven´t moved to 29 purely for financial reasons.

Currently I have three bikes - a number of the critical equipment (wheels in particular, but also front shocks) can be shared amongst all three, resulting in me being always race ready (at least as far as hardware concerns).

I noticed on the Joberg2c last year that the 29ers were flying on the flat stuff in the Free State, but as soon as we got into the Berg and Sani sections they started struggling.

Maybe it's a horses-for-courses thing and some routes suite 29ers and other 26ers. I wonder if we'll be seeing the top guys switching depending on the race, or it the marketing pressure will be too great for them...

All these 29er fans must get off their high horse and just ride their bikes for the enjoyment and not for 26er bashing.

Like has been said above the bottom line is you have to pedal it anyways, and going to an extra spinning class and cutting out pizza will do more for most of us mere mortals than a 29 inch wheel. For someone like Kevin and Burry who are at the pinnacle of the sport, any advantage will help and is justifiable.

Even if it faster, how much difference would it make to a guy like me who is just trying to keep fit and have a good time.

not that i count for anything but I had a 29er last year and now back to a a 26er.......they're all just bikes with 2 wheels that have to be pedalled to to the top of the mountain......as long as you love your bike and enjoy riding it......