Fast One MTB

Spannerman

the last question is...was there markings along the marshy bit? :)

Yup! The right answer seems to be that they were going to use the section and marked it then with the rain the organisers decided to skip it and suckers like a few of us did it anyway...

This makes me so much happier with my time, I did the marshy bit, and was a bit concerned with the difference between myself and the winner.

eldron, im trying to think of where the marshy area is you talking about but i cant seem to picture it? but i think if there was no marking or marshalls at the entrance it was the wrong entrance, i know a section along the river had to be cut out because of the water level so im assuming it must be that? the two entrances off the tar road both had marshalls if i remember correctly?

I did the single track bit next to the river (the best bit of the race) and as we came out of the bushes I was overtaken by a guy on a 29er coming in from the road side. At that point I was sitting 6th or 7th. Did get a bit grumpy, coz all the guys ahead of me did that river bit.

Hey Crasher, I might be wrong here but it looks like the front tire is a Maxxis Monorail but the rotation is wrong. Am I right? :blink:

Hey Crasher, I might be wrong here but it looks like the front tire is a Maxxis Monorail but the rotation is wrong. Am I right? :blink:

Thats not a mono...

If its not a mono the tread still seems to be in wrong direction. Or am I missing something?

Does look that way...

Loved the race... enjoyed that it was more technical than last year... But someone remind me next time not to wear my white and pink kit - now brown and beige!

Anyone know who did the photo's?

If its not a mono the tread still seems to be in wrong direction. Or am I missing something?

Good spot on the direction,they are the Hutchinson Cobra tubeless lights. It is opposite to rear but thats the direction they recommend to run it when used on the front . They roll fast but front grip is ..well lets just say its exciting to ride :D

Found the company who did the pics... www.waterpoint.co.za

Only a few on the page... so I have emailed to find out how we get the race pics...