The 31-year-old noob

wesley_r

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

progress! today I finally hit an obstacle at Majik Forest that I've been checking out for a long time, but never had the courage to hit! Those that know the spot will realise the photo doesn't do justice to how scary these rocks are from the top for a noob like me :thumbup:

AAH but which line did you take off theose? if you are coming in from the windy singletrack above it its a pain to try go through the gully on teh right of the shot. the first time i rode it i just popped onto the bigh rock (on the left of the shot) and rolled off the large rocks below. Fast and Smooth ...

progress! today I finally hit an obstacle at Majik Forest that I've been checking out for a long time, but never had the courage to hit! Those that know the spot will realise the photo doesn't do justice to how scary these rocks are from the top for a noob like me :thumbup:

I also broke my personal best beacon-to-parking time, from 7 minutes to 6:43. Feeling confident now! Have yet to take my new bike to Contermanskloof though so that's next on the agenda!

Is that the little section just by the bridge? If it is - I LOVE that section! Just hit and fly...

Is that the little section just by the bridge? If it is - I LOVE that section! Just hit and fly...

nort its right up at the top of Majik ... you ride up to the fence line and as you start going down you get onto a windy singletrack and its in that. Pretty cool section. Hit it straight out "blind" ridng with a mate last time i was down there ... he shat himself cus i just dissappeared off those rocks. Sweet

• 1 month later...

so I had a nice little setback yesterday - messing around on the CWC track, hit a right hander on one of the downward sloping bits, lost the bike in the corner and smacked into the rock garden, head first. lots of scrapes and bruises, but more importantly a nice concussion - even though I was pretty alert and aware when it happened, as soon as the adrenaline wore off I had severe dizziness, followed by a headache, nausea, tiredness, etc. Doc insisted on a CT scan, but thank God everything is fine. Myself, and my ego, are just seriously bruised.

O and my brake lever is bent. Bah!