Idiot drove at 180kmh on Rhodes drive and posted it onto Youtube

Mike45

Maximim respect if he was on a race track, but zero respect for that..... i actually feel sick in my stomach!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever been in a fast car when something goes wrong?

What would this guy have done if he came around a bend and found a group of cyclists?

It's not about driving fast it's about keeping that car under control if something goes wrong.

It's about the rules to keep other road users safe and alive.

This sort of stupidity is for a track day and not for a public road.

That scooby is for from being modified to the max.

As I said I DO NOT CONDONE what he did and, yes, it should be on the track!

I have been in many a fast car, on the track driving and passenger and have had the crap scared out of me when things have gone wrong. I have owned 2 Subaru's and was a member of the scooby club. This is not smart driving, but the guy can handle a car.

And yes this car is modded!

Edited by Chubba

Maybe 10 or 20km/h over the limit or a parking ticket here and there. But I've never gone triple the speed limit knowing I have bad tires, made a video of it and posted it onto the internet to brag and laugh about.

Shandor in the blue Subaru.....(lots more where that came form) ;)

Notice the speed detector gizmo on the top of the dashboard...

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1632/shandorincar.jpg

looks like you have an issue with this guy? first post on a cycling forum regarding speeding Subaru's and more photographic evidence? What's the real story Mike45?

lol chubba: u kinda stole the words outta my mouth there.. i too for a second wondered if Mike had a beef with the dude.. ;)

looks like you have an issue with this guy? first post on a cycling forum regarding speeding Subaru's and more photographic evidence? What's the real story Mike45?

You should rather ask yourself why you are in so much support of this guy.

lol chubba: u kinda stole the words outta my mouth there.. i too for a second wondered if Mike had a beef with the dude.. ;)

Its just annoying how slippery these criminals are. Its good to actually catch one with all the evidence for a change.

chubba: what's us getting tickets got ANYthing to do with correctly pointing out (preachy as you referred to it) that this moron is a dangerous menace to road-going society. I've done stupid speeds, bt my word do i have the presence of mind to hide my sins, not flagrantly boast about just how stupid I really was. that whole bs attitude about SoYouAlsoSpedSoShutupRoutine is just too juvenike for words.

that's the point! we have all driven like total wankers as some point in our lives, over taking dangerously, speeding, cornering to fast, DRUNK! Yes, he is a total ass for posting and boasting about it, but each in our own way have broken the law and could have potentially killed someone. We have one of the highest drunk driving rates in the world, but I suppose speeding is worse! My bad!

Edited by Chubba

Why "He bragged on his Youtube that he was using old tyres."? Old tyres grip better in dry conditions anyway. Tread is only there for wet weather. He's an idiot yes.

You should rather ask yourself why you are in so much support of this guy.

i dont give a flying f$%^ about this nobody, the point is, you do!

i dont give a flying f$%^ about this nobody, the point is, you do!

I don't care about him, just about the innocent people he might kill.

I don't care about him, just about the innocent people he might kill.

Fair enough, but why post this on a cycling forum as your first post? Just asking? :blush:

Fair enough, but why post this on a cycling forum as your first post? Just asking? :blush:

To warn cyclists who also use the roads. If I do not spread awareness and help to prevent crime then I am just as guilty as him.

Stopping distance requires not just good brakes, or good tyres, but also thinking time/distance.

Many mortals can only think as far as they can see; and most can't.

The average drivers thinking distance at 100kmph is about 20m

Braking distance about 55m = 75m stopping distance at 100kmph.

At 130kmph it is about 120m.

F1 tracks are about 3x the width of the lane he is in. There are no pedestrians, vehicles coming the other way, and there is about double the run out.

Even if he is highly skilled, there is no chance that losing control would not have ended in injuries.

These guys watch too much Fast 'n Furious and Bollywood drifting.

How about I blast my wetbike through the surfing zone at Llandudno ?

The question remains. Is he justified in doing this? The answer is NO.

If he was then he would have had no reason to remove his posting. That he posted this in the first place casts serious doubt on the 'average' thinking distance equation!

Edited by The Drongo

Stopping distance requires not just good brakes, or good tyres, but also thinking time/distance.

Many mortals can only think as far as they can see; and most can't.

The average drivers thinking distance at 100kmph is about 20m

Braking distance about 55m = 75m stopping distance at 100kmph.

At 130kmph it is about 120m.

F1 tracks are about 3x the width of the lane he is in. There are no pedestrians, vehicles coming the other way, and there is about double the run out.

Even if he is highly skilled, there is no chance that losing control would not have ended in injuries.

These guys watch too much Fast 'n Furious and Bollywood drifting.

How about I blast my wetbike through the surfing zone at Llandudno ?

The question remains. Is he justified in doing this? The answer is NO.

If he was then he would have had no reason to remove his posting. That he posted this in the first place casts serious doubt on the 'average' thinking distance equation!

don't think anyone is disputing this. you are 100% correct.

To warn cyclists who also use the roads. If I do not spread awareness and help to prevent crime then I am just as guilty as him.

Lets assume this guy is a car fanatic road racer type. Judging by what I have seen it looks as if he does spend time on the track and for all we know hemay even be a good driver. I drive Rhodes Drive and ride on parts of it quite regularly. I've never seen him blasting around there, so your supposed reason 'to warn cyclists" is probably a waste of time. Whats far more dangerous on that raod are the ever so slow moving wide busses and trucks and taxis drivers who are half asleep and who just don't give a ****.

In my experience, as a driver, the faster I go the harder I concentrate, so I argue that this fool is probably the last person you need to worry about hitting someone...The person who knocked me off my bike was an innexperienced student. The bloke who almost T boned me just below Rhodes drive when out in my car was driving a bakkie and just didnt look. A maniac and illegal yes, but the person you need to warn everyone about - not even close.

Lets assume this guy is a car fanatic road racer type. Judging by what I have seen it looks as if he does spend time on the track and for all we know hemay even be a good driver. I drive Rhodes Drive and ride on parts of it quite regularly. I've never seen him blasting around there, so your supposed reason 'to warn cyclists" is probably a waste of time. Whats far more dangerous on that raod are the ever so slow moving wide busses and trucks and taxis drivers who are half asleep and who just don't give a ****.

In my experience, as a driver, the faster I go the harder I concentrate, so I argue that this fool is probably the last person you need to worry about hitting someone...The person who knocked me off my bike was an innexperienced student. The bloke who almost T boned me just below Rhodes drive when out in my car was driving a bakkie and just didnt look. A maniac and illegal yes, but the person you need to warn everyone about - not even close.

well said!