Bib Shorts for Epic

davetapson

Ewep, I would take a saddle you already use or have used and that you know is comfortable, so yes, it would have been ridden in/worn in.

I didn't have to alternate because I had no chaffing issues. I suppose you'd change to the spare saddle as soon as your chaffing becomes unbearable. Some guys also take different makes of bib-shorts with different chamois styles so as not to irritate the same contact points day in and day out.

Some guys also take different makes of bib-shorts with different chamois styles so as not to irritate the same contact points day in and day out.

good tip. i am planning on using two different types of shorts (two pairs of each) for the 24-hour

This is a no -brainer to me - don't save here. Best investment I made for the Epic was:

Two pairs of Assos (R1500) . You can take some other spare shorts for just in case, but I never needed them. It's very easy to wash them every day or drop off at the official 'washing ladies' to have them washed for you.

#Pete#2007-10-31 09:25:50

VERMARC OK!!!  That's if you can get a dealer.

Cycle lab me thinks my dealer brings it to the races for me even thou she dont rideBig%20smile now that is service hey skye Thumbs%20Up

I'm gonna have to jump on the Assos band wagon here, it's all I use for the 24 hour races so it should work.

This being said, I'm gonna be giving the ExteOndo bibs a go shortly.

Thanks Sean.  Think I should try it someday.  Now to get a second saddle type that I like!!!

As for 2 diff shammy types, that works come to think of it.  Did that on the Panorama and no bum ouch!