Endomondo.. the dawn of the App age!

RaeTrewBrowne

Last time i tried endemondo it said i did 26kmh for 1300+ meters, and that was while playing with it in my lounge, no thanks ill stick to sports tracker.

Edited by covie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MrCbrunsdon

Why do you like the edmondo more than sportstracker ?

I am thinking of spending the money and getting the full version off sportstracker as I think its a great piece of software.

oh and the endemondo site sucks balls, a nice alternative to sports tracker is sportypal slowbee. If i had to pay money i would go the sportypal route.

oh and the endemondo site sucks balls, a nice alternative to sports tracker is sportypal slowbee. If i had to pay money i would go the sportypal route.

will give it a look - but sportstrack is pretty darn awesome !

really is cool to see HR, elevation and gradient all on the same graph

• 1 month later...

I have been using endomondo for 18 months now. Started with the windows mobile app, then the symbian (nokia) and lately the android version. It is an extraordinary app, especially the android version and it is free. It also has a strong social aspect that helps with the motivation. Try is for a week or two and you will never go back.

Edited by L2climb

Hi Emo Kid, I used mine for the first time this weekend. Loved it. Just scared me silly when it started 'talking to me'. (I leave when its still dark. Thought there was some ghost rider on my wheel!) Can you tell me how to view elevation. I click on history, but then can only see the split times, km's, km/h and mapping. Thanks

Glad I'm not the only one looking over my shoulder for this phantom rider who keeps talking to me :D Great app tho.

anyone use this on a android phone before? i downloaded it to my phone a while back but haven't used it yet

I used to use Endomondo but found that the Garmin native software was just better & easier to use. Got myself a 310XT for an extra special present time thing event and haven't looked back. Plus, I use it at the gym for the HR & swimming, which you can't do with a BB or iPhone :)

Having said that, the challenges on Endomondo are pretty cool. As is the ability to track yourself against other users...

Love the app too, just wish they would also give total ascend.

They do, on the website.

anyone use this on a android phone before? i downloaded it to my phone a while back but haven't used it yet

Got mine last weekend, flippen amazing upgrade from the symbian one. Just test it and take some time to figure out everthing it can do!

They do, on the website.

Ahhh, is that the "Elevation"? I thought that is the height above sea level?

Thanks, NOW I'm even happier than before.

that's why i love my iPhone - can listen to tunes in my playlist, get tracked by endomondo, with every km updated info and can take handsfree calls during the ride. This is happening all at once via the iPhone's headphone with built-in volume/pause controller and the battery last 5hours with 22% battery life left over. Comparing the info with my polar on the same ride, it is very accurate. - endomondo is a very cool app.

The social side of endomondo is very motivating. Seeing your friends train and commenting on the wordkouts. I have used the peptalk function also while my brother was out running. :thumbup: