EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

Would be nice to see him taking another stage though and pulling some more moves, maybe Sunday?

Btw, it's been a while since the Hulk move!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sagan gets Most Combative Rider award on Stage 14.

Has about 100 points advantage over 2nd placed Greipel in the Green Jersey category.

What a debut in the TdF!

Looks like they have surrendered the Green Jersey to Sagan, no one is even contesting the sprint points on route now and so he just needs to mop them up and turtle through to Paris.

...........but I doubt thats his style, I think he will contest every stage he can, this young guy has character and talent and if it wasn't for him I honestly would have lost interest.

Looks like they have surrendered the Green Jersey to Sagan, no one is even contesting the sprint points on route now and so he just needs to mop them up and turtle through to Paris.

...........but I doubt thats his style, I think he will contest every stage he can, this young guy has character and talent and if it wasn't for him I honestly would have lost interest.

Nice post, GOG...

He's so hungry to race.

What a talent.

Too bad he was out-foxed by Luis Leon Sanchez yesterday on Stage 14, he would have got the stage if they had all stayed together. But he used it as a leaning experience, and that is his other great strength.

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/07/15/1/pic296417s_600.jpg

Nice post, GOG...

He's so hungry to race.

What a talent.

Yeah, but I think it go's beyond just racing, he has become the "new young face" if you like of the Pro Peleton, vibrant, alive, enthusiastic, and none to soon if you ask me.

Sanchez is 'street smart'.

While Sagan was opening up a energy bar or something, he flew off.

Yeah, but I think it go's beyond just racing, he has become the "new young face" if you like of the Pro Peleton, vibrant, alive, enthusiastic, and none to soon if you ask me.

Yip.

:-)

At a time when pundits of the Tour de France are asking what type of rider Peter Sagan (Liquigas-Cannondale) will become, another youngster riding for the same team is ensuring not all the attention is focused around the French race. Moreno Moser is riding his first full year as a 21-year-old with the Italian team and after beginning his traineeship late last year, he’s already won four professional races – including two stages and the overall at the Tour of Poland.

Moser took the race lead on stage six when he won ahead of Sergio Henao (Sky) and then, current leader Michal Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma-Quickstep). The time bonus was enough to give him a five-second buffer heading into the final and seventh stage. His team ensured the day was controlled and with the likelihood of a bunch sprint, Moser’s lead would be safe. As it happened, another young rider John Degenkolb (Argos-Shimano) won the stage. It is the biggest win for Moser who is the nephew of the famous Francesco Moser.

"This victory is a great satisfaction. On stage four when I lost the [leader's] jersey I thought I would not recover it, but today I was in the right mind to keep it. I am very happy for the trust and support the team gave me. Thank you very much. For the first time I learned the sense of responsibility in leading a stage race, like learning to hold out every day. The route of the Tour de Pologne [Poland] was suited to my characteristics my condition was always good. The best result, in addition to victory, was to be improving day after day," said Moser.

Moser finished the seven stage race with a lead of five seconds to Kwiatkowski and 16 seconds to Henao. This win is the 34th of the season for his Liquigas-Cannondale team.

Edited by nickc

Nibs set to podium after a remarkable series of tests on the Sky duo of Froome and Wiggins.

Go, Vincenzo!

Sagan looking set to take the Green Jersey after a spectacular debut at the Tour.

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/07/18/1/000_dv1215631_600.jpg

Nibs struggled a little on the final bit today, happens to everyone at some point, but it was nothing serious, I think he only conceded less than 30 secs and he still has over two minutes to play with so I think his spot is secured.

Never the less I think he has ridden a great tour, third step is nothing to be disappointed about. Actually Liquigas has probably had the best tour of all the teams, three stage wins, the green jersey, third in GC, and most aggressive rider of the stage, they can walk away with a good feeling this year.

Nibs struggled a little on the final bit today, happens to everyone at some point, but it was nothing serious, I think he only conceded less than 30 secs and he still has over two minutes to play with so I think his spot is secured.

Never the less I think he has ridden a great tour, third step is nothing to be disappointed about. Actually Liquigas has probably had the best tour of all the teams, three stage wins, the green jersey, third in GC, and most aggressive rider of the stage, they can walk away with a good feeling this year.

Yeah - so far looking good for old Leaky, funny they announce that they are withdrawing from the sport and are having one of their best years.

The Shark from Messina fought hard yesterday to stay in touch with his 3 rd spot.

Bravo!

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/07/VN-TdF-Media-Madness-22-631x421.jpg

Yeah - so far looking good for old Leaky, funny they announce that they are withdrawing from the sport and are having one of their best years.

True, nickc, true...

:thumbup:

Was rooting for Nibs and the boys yesterday. Thought they were setting up something really good. They blew the peleton apart. Froome was just to good.

Edited by Super Mario

Sagan's bike he's got today looks even cooler than the "tourminator" version he had

Sagan's bike he's got today looks even cooler than the "tourminator" version he had

I haven't seen.

Must be like a Green Jersey custom spec, eh?