EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

Hey Dale - complements of the Season - the first post here for 2016.

I agree, strange seeing him in anything other than Europcar - going to be good seeing him on a Cannondale !!

Thanx nickc

You too, man!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolland and Uran are two great signings for Cannondale.

Very much so

It's been a lean time

Let's hope for some podium time in 2016 - lots of it

• 3 weeks later...

Okay - first major race of the season finished, Tour down Under - Cannondale wins Team Classification !!

Hopefully the first of many results this year !!

Okay - first major race of the season finished, Tour down Under - Cannondale wins Team Classification !!

Hopefully the first of many results this year !!

Aaah, didn't notice that

Brilliant stuff

Looking forward to more achievements

Dig this Michael Woods, neoPro

Check out his blog on cyclingnews

Awesome authentic funny cool

“Don’t put barriers on yourself,” said Charly Wegelius as he sat at a table in a boardroom in the heart of our team camp hotel. Charly was looking me straight in the eyes, as he laid out my plan for the year. “You aren’t going to have the typical start of a neo pro… We believe in your ability.” Seated around the rectangular table, along with Charly, were the five other DS’ that would be guiding me throughout my first season in the WorldTour with Cannondale Pro Cycling Team. They all sat, with laptops open, and heavily marked calendars and notebooks at their sides. I sat at the head of the table, and as Charly began to outline my plan for the season, all I could think was “don’t **** this up man, be cool, Mike, don’t look like a dumbass, just be cool.”

• 2 weeks later...

URAN TO MAKE CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING TEAM DEBUT AT ALGARVE  

The Volta ao Algarve begins this Wednesday in Portugal and signals the first race of the season for Rigoberto Uran — and the first in argyle for the Colombian all-rounder.

“I really want to compete again,” Uran said a few days prior to the race.

“We have a very strong team but really for me Algarve is my first race of the season,” he added, noting his build toward the Giro d’Italia.

“From what I’ve seen of him — since he started working with us and over the last years, he’s not somebody who’s going to come in half-cocked. He’s going to come and race and he’ll be at the front,” Cannondale Pro Cycling Team director Charly Wegelius said. “And that comes from him. That’s just the way he is. There’s no great pressure from us or great expectations. That’s just how he rolls.”

Algarve marks another debut for the team - that of sport director Juan Manuel Garate. With stage wins at each grand tour to his name — including up Mt. Ventoux at the Tour de France — and a win at San Sebastian, Garate brings a depth of knowledge to the team. He’s finished in the top 10 at the Giro d’Italia on two occasions. 

Cannondale brings a deep squad to the season’s first true gauge of those with early season ambitions. Joining Uran will be Andre Cardoso, Kristijan Koren, Sebastian Langeveld, Moreno Moser, Ramunas Navardauskas, Dylan Van Baarle and Wouter Wippert. 

Wegelius taps Navardauskas, a Tour de France stage winner and bronze-medalist at the 2015 UCI Road World Championships, as one to watch.

“If he can freelance, he can win very hard sprints, or he could clip off and go his own way,” Wegelius said.

Wippert gives the team a second sprint card.

Over the course of five stages, Algarve offers a test for those with stage-race ambitions and riders looking for one-day success in the coming months. There’s a mid-race individual time trial of 18 kilometers and two uphill finishes (stages two, five).  

“It’s sort of the first race of the season that is challenging enough on all fronts that it can give you a real indication of who’s going to be a force to be reckoned with early in the season,” Cannondale Pro Cycling Team CEO Jonathan Vaughters said. “People who have performed at Algarve are the people who’ve performed well at Paris-Nice, Tirreno and even through to the spring classics.”

Cannondale Pro Cycling Team Roster, 2016 Volta ao Algarve

Andre Cardoso

Kristijan Koren

Sebastian Langeveld

Moreno Moser

Ramunas Navardauskas

Rigoberto Uran

Dylan Van Baarle

Wouter Wippert

• 2 weeks later...

Rolland comments that he's training like never before

Having seldom used his TT bike - just before races.

He already clocked 2.500 kms on his TT bike.

Also, only trained ONCE at altitude before.

Now, several times with his new team.

"It's like starting a new career"

Really hope Uran delivers. It is my current perception that he was a quick shine and slided back into being mediocre / avg

Simon Clarke wins GP Larciano; Paddy Bevin impresses with third place in Paris-Nice prologue

Cannondale Pro Cycling Team scored its third win of the season when Simon Clarke soloed to victory in Larciano to win GP Industria & Artigianato on Sunday. A strong team effort netted Clarke the victory on a day that saw four Green Argyle riders finish in the top nine.

“I went in knowing we had an awesome team,” said Clarke. “We all knew with the team we had there, we should come away with the win if we did everything right.”

Earlier in the afternoon, Paddy Bevin put in a brilliant performance on the opening stage of the Paris-Nice. The Kiwi time trial champ powered to third place with a time of 7:41 over 6.1km in the Conflans-Sainte-Honorine prologue. Michael Matthews (ORICA-GreenEDGE) won by one second over Tom Dumoulin (Giant-Alpecin). Bevin was a mere two seconds off the winning pace.

“Last year I watched this race. I was on the ergo at home in New Zealand training in the rain,” said Bevin. “To be here a year later and pretty close to the top guys is a good feeling. That’s what you train to do – to be a part of that race.”

Slipstream Sports CEO Jonathan Vaughters expressed pride in both new signings who he sees flourishing at Cannondale Pro Cycling Team.

“Simon’s victory was just a matter of time. He’s an experienced and talented rider who just needed the right chance,” said Vaughters. “On the other hand, Paddy’s prologue ride was a surprise. A very pleasant surprise! First time the kid has done a WorldTour race in Europe, and he makes the podium. That is damn impressive.”

Grrrrr

Talansky The PitBull crashes out of Paris-Nice

Don't like him, but he wears green