Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Thats how I have it. The media is focussing on Armstrong, but I think Bruneel and others are exposed to an equal extent. Not fair that he is being singled out imo, I suppose the biggest tree catches the most wind. Also, Bruneel will probably wait till the case is done before he visits the US again. I would guess that because it is a federal investigation into abuse of government money, there is absolutely no chance that any of his results will be changed.

I think this investigation will probably result in the closest thing to the truth one would get in pro cycling. The feds won't be swayed by damage to the image of cycling etc, and they will squeeze ex Postal riders brutally hard - threaten Hincapie, Leipheimer, Hamilton etc. with seizure of their US assets, bank accounts etc. and then promise them immunity in exchange for testimony against the king pins. They will already have testimonies given by Landis, the Andreus etc to squeeze with - I think the information will be handled very differently than in the past, when things were driven by yhe UCI/wada.

All of the above and a small thing called perjury!

Not quite like Lying to the UCI...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me feel funny... wacko.gif

Wonder what the private sentiments are of riders surrounding him in the peloton at AC's first race of the season:

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2011/02/18/2/img_0304_600.jpg

News from the Volta Ao Algarve, Portugal.

Stephen Cummings (Sky) bested a leading group of five atop the category two Alto do Malhão climb to win stage three of the Volta ao Algarve. The 29-year-old Briton outsprinted Tejay Van Garderen (HTC-Highroad) and defending champion Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank Sungard) to cap off an aggressive final 2.7km climb to the finish in the Portuguese race's "queen stage".

Edited by ' Dale

Makes me feel funny... :wacko:

Wonder what the private sentiments are of riders surrounding him in the peloton at AC's first race of the season:

[/i]

"Try not get caught next time dumb ass, you going to blow it for the rest of us!"

Well at least Wikepedia is updated with this little saga as a reminder, leaving people to make up their own minds as to his guilt or not.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/02/CONTADOR-2-300x196.jpg

Hmmm... interesting approach by AC <_< :

Alberto Contador has reconfirmed he will make a run at the Giro d’Italia and is taking a wait-and-see approach to the Tour de France for the time being.

Contador says he's aiming for another Giro title.

Speaking to La Gazzetta della Sport, Contador repeated what he said two weeks ago, that the Giro would be his first major goal of the 2011 season. The story is significant in that La Gazzetta is owned by Giro operators RCS Sport and is seen as a clear blessing from Giro boss Angelo Zomegnan.

“It’s my first important objective of the season. I looked at the stages last week on a map. There’s not one ‘queen stage,’ there are six,” Contador told the Italian sports daily. “It’s the stage race that I enjoyed to the maximum. Along the roads, there is unequalled passion. The fans understand cycling and how it works.”

Zomegnan has already indicated that Contador would be welcomed back to the Giro, which he won in 2008 after a late-hour invitation was handed down to Astana. Contador “came off the beach” to beat back Riccardo Ricco to win the maglia rosa.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/02/CONTADOR-2-300x196.jpg

Hmmm... interesting approach by AC <_< :

Alberto Contador has reconfirmed he will make a run at the Giro d’Italia and is taking a wait-and-see approach to the Tour de France for the time being.

Contador says he's aiming for another Giro title.

Speaking to La Gazzetta della Sport, Contador repeated what he said two weeks ago, that the Giro would be his first major goal of the 2011 season. The story is significant in that La Gazzetta is owned by Giro operators RCS Sport and is seen as a clear blessing from Giro boss Angelo Zomegnan.

“It’s my first important objective of the season. I looked at the stages last week on a map. There’s not one ‘queen stage,’ there are six,” Contador told the Italian sports daily. “It’s the stage race that I enjoyed to the maximum. Along the roads, there is unequalled passion. The fans understand cycling and how it works.”

Zomegnan has already indicated that Contador would be welcomed back to the Giro, which he won in 2008 after a late-hour invitation was handed down to Astana. Contador “came off the beach” to beat back Riccardo Ricco to win the maglia rosa.

Is that Andy on the right?

Found guilty; then not so guilty, then he did indeed eat some poorly harvested meat. And certain numbnuts are glad he is back in the bunch? Keep your head in the sand boyz. I only hope that AC's case goes the same way as Valverde. Ban the f00ker.

Is that Andy on the right?

Na, this is Saxobank 2011... Looks close to Andy Dude though... :rolleyes:

Found guilty; then not so guilty, then he did indeed eat some poorly harvested meat. And certain numbnuts are glad he is back in the bunch? Keep your head in the sand boyz. I only hope that AC's case goes the same way as Valverde. Ban the f00ker.

I hope his ban is reinstated, and he is stripped of his TdF win - otherwise it's a slippery slope - imagine future appeals!