Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Guess we're going to have to disagree. At least were were saved his infantile rant about hanging up his bike this time round.

IMO i for one wont miss his pistol pose should he have won any stages.

:) - No harm in disagreeing, just a differant view of the picture.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we're going to have to disagree. At least were were saved his infantile rant about hanging up his bike this time round.

IMO i for one wont miss his pistol pose should he have won any stages.

Ditto mate.

Now wait for the local HUB so called pro from the past have a go at you for feeling this way about Contador, whilst he forgets how he has a go at Armstrong all the time.

I like Grumpy's approach, he is fair :thumbup:

Ditto mate.

Now wait for the local HUB so called pro from the past have a go at you for feeling this way about Contador, whilst he forgets how he has a go at Armstrong all the time.

I like Grumpy's approach, he is fair :thumbup:

+1

I'm relatively non-partisan as far as AC is concerned, more interested in the question of whether a balanced objective judgement was made here in this case, and I am thinking not from the information I have been exposed to.

He was found guilty by a 'technicality', there are just too few facts and too maybes/unknowns, makes a mockery of 'justice', although I suppose we should separate what has happened there and the processes therein, and broader societal justice systems, where the bad guy often gets off even though every knows he/she did it.

I'm relatively non-partisan as far as AC is concerned, more interested in the question of whether a balanced objective judgement was made here in this case, and I am thinking not from the information I have been exposed to.

He was found guilty by a 'technicality', there are just too few facts and too maybes/unknowns, makes a mockery of 'justice', although I suppose we should separate what has happened there and the processes therein, and broader societal justice systems, where the bad guy often gets off even though every knows he/she did it.

I wouldn't say he was found guilty on a technicality, as the press have tried to allude one to believe.

He was simply guilty as he couldn't give conclusive proof that the substance, unknowingly/involuntarily entered his blood.

What really irks me and pisses me off here is the feeble excuse he used, he didn't even have the ball/s to try and use a different alibi.

Riis took quite a gamble there!

Clearly 'put all his eggs in one basket'

Yip.

He also claims he never had the extra budget to get another high profile rider.

Cobo would've been a good buy.

He lost his Giro and TdF wins so he did get some punishment.He didn't just walk free;)

And many other victories.

One helluva long list.

are we forgetting Basso, now with Berto gone he may just decide to make the TDF his priority this year instead of the Giro

Hmmm... Wise words.

Ivan betta learn how to time trial then.

He is as vulnerable there as the Schleckies.

Edited by ' Dale

Hmmm... Wise words.

Ivan betta learn how to time trial then.

He is as vulnerable there as the Schleckies.

I don't think so, the one way to stay at the very top, especially in a grand tour is to be consistent and constantly hungry.

These guys lose their impetus and mental ability to pull something special out the hat.

I have been dopping every Saturday afternoon on Brandy and Coke - now I need the contaminated meat - biltong salt and all steak to round it off on my races.

My results proof that I am guilty.... :devil:

'Dopping'

Brilliant South African term.

hahaha

I don't think so, the one way to stay at the very top, especially in a grand tour is to be consistent and constantly hungry.

These guys lose their impetus and mental ability to pull something special out the hat.

Yip, hoping Basso realizes he is running out time as a PRO and can deliver once more this year, especially in leTour, if he competes.

Interestingly, Evans comments that is it so much harder to win Le Tour now without Contador.

One of the reasons is that more riders will feel more motivated to get to the podium with Berto out of the picture.

can someone please send me a piece of steak from pretoria as i am in cape town at the moment... i need it from that specific butcher on the other side of town. the steak in cape town not as nice as those!

What really irks me and pisses me off here is the feeble excuse he used ..

I think that is the issue that got him. It could have been from other sources, and the judgement says more than likely from a supplement. UCI had a theory it came for a blood transfusion also not proven.

What is he guilty of is having traces of the drug is his body, even though he would not have drawn any performance benefit for that amount, or such short duration dosage, and he could not prove in was ingested inadvertently from a particular source. And he is responsible for what he eats and takes.

However he is now labelled as a doper and a cheater, and I don't think that is the case here.

However he is now labelled as a doper and a cheater, and I don't think that is the case here.

really? you think he's clean?

I think it's more the case here.

I actually think he is a coward and should just own up.

He is rather lucky only getting an 8 month band.

That label will quickly fade when he gets back to his pistolero ways, I actually see him becoming more arrogant upon his return, expect machine gun type victory celebrations.

But as I said, the label will quickly fade when he swoons fans again, much like Basso and Vino to name a few.

Edited by Dangle