Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh this place looks great - cant wait to try it out.

Out of interest, how long does it take to get there? 1 hour from Sandton? Do people just ride in the morning or do they make a day of it?

45 min from fourways and then you not driving over 120. You can make a day of it, swambo sometimes joins me later on at "die ou pastorie" around the corner from there...they have the best cheesecake I have ever had.

Nice thing about VG is that you can have a 6 hour sufferfest without doing loops or a 1 hour jol....There are so many trail there its not even funny.

We are there tomorrow 730..... Most of the fun stuff..... if anyone wants to join.

Mackie and myself will be there...we will be riding with a babelas so look out for a guy calling dino's at the top of the slabs(me...on GF superfly 100) and another crying like a little girl under the sugerbush tree(Mackie on his carbon Momsen). Poffader is uit soos koekies in die weeshuis more

45 min from fourways and then you not driving over 120. You can make a day of it, swambo sometimes joins me later on at "die ou pastorie" around the corner from there...they have the best cheesecake I have ever had.

Nice thing about VG is that you can have a 6 hour sufferfest without doing loops or a 1 hour jol....There are so many trail there its not even funny.

Awesome! And I do love cheesecake.

Am keen! Thanks Rouxtjie

Mackie and myself will be there...we will be riding with a babelas so look out for a guy calling dino's at the top of the slabs(me...on GF superfly 100) and another crying like a little girl under the sugerbush tree(Mackie on his carbon Momsen). Poffader is uit soos koekies in die weeshuis more

Ja sweet, there will be a few of us, my dutch mate maaaaarten on white Orbea, kell up from cape town on my old chumba, and a few other okes who think they're tough but really are just big girls. Probably skip pofadder too cos the big girls get sand (and rocks) in their vaginas.

Sheesh this place looks great - cant wait to try it out.

Out of interest, how long does it take to get there? 1 hour from Sandton? Do people just ride in the morning or do they make a day of it?

I have been riding VG for about 8 years or so and we still ride there about once a month without being bored at all. Eric just keeps on adding and adding blissful single track. Just awesome trails but you have to be fairly fit to get to the real fun stuff and have some reasonable technical skills.

Of course novices can have loads of fun on the river trail which is not too technical - just fun, fast and twisty.

Hey all

Victor Schipper, Eric's son, has started a facebook group that'll help with informing all members of events taking place etc (as in the case of the Crazy Store Trail run today, certain parts of the routes were closed to MTB'ers)

it's also a great platform for riders who'd like to arrange rides to do so.

check it out and invite your mates to join the group too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/263886930392379/

It's not the prettiest season for photo taking... but you get a great idea of the trail layout with everything cleaned out with the magic of something called fire :D

here're a couple pics i took yesterday after not being at VG for 3 torturous weeks!

this is looking back after doing the concrete and heading up to where DaggaPad starts

post-6012-0-24484600-1345364488.jpg