Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha! Great, Im feeling festive! P.s what photo app are you using?

Camera+ ... It's awesome! At 99c it's worth it a million times over.

Sweet, thanks!

Pleasure dude.. Now, don't delay in putting it to good use and sharing some of your own pics from VG!

Pleasure dude.. Now, don't delay in putting it to good use and sharing some of your own pics from VG!

Im getting on that asap.

Camera+ ... It's awesome! At 99c it's worth it a million times over.

What are your favorite features, I can't say I use it much; maybe twice in the last year.

What a blast I had at VG on 1 May 2012!! There are some SERIOUS Technical parts that I wouldnt have done if I didnt see anyone else doing them! Got the adrenalin pumping and managed to steer clear of the water at the floating bridge!

Would like more signs though as I got lost quite a few times..... Luckily there were some nice 'Souties' from Krugersdorp that was willing to help!

Van Gaalens will DEF see me again very soon!!

Big UP to ERIC and his team!!!

hey guys

We've opened a new extreme trail on route to tanie miems and 'dagga pad'a 100m after the poffadder sign...5m over the steel jump ontop of the mountain indicated with a red arrow...my dad recommends wide 2.4 offroad tyres and recently serviced brakes...trail has just been hand made so the surface might be a bit loose and need some riders and rain 2 settle the track...this trail is very technical and for strong expierienced riders...

let me know what u think...

hey guys

We've opened a new extreme trail on route to tanie miems and 'dagga pad'a 100m after the poffadder sign...5m over the steel jump ontop of the mountain indicated with a red arrow...my dad recommends wide 2.4 offroad tyres and recently serviced brakes...trail has just been hand made so the surface might be a bit loose and need some riders and rain 2 settle the track...this trail is very technical and for strong expierienced riders...

Sounds excellent. I've let some of the Dogs know.

I reckon they will be nicely settled by the time I'm healed up and ready to ride it.

hey guys

Rode it this morning... it is.. AWESOME!!

Extreme is a bit of an understatement!

Trail is very new so it is a bit loose is places and perhaps a bigger rock or two you'd need to maneuver around.

but overall it's got a lot of flow already.

A couple of tight switchbacks on the decent could catch you out.

I took a bunch of photos (perhaps too many, but I'm posting them anyway)

Until Erik name's this trail, I'm referring to it as....... Erik's Revenge!

Entrance to the trail:-

post-6012-0-17372600-1336819072.jpg

These are just pics of trail in various places and also the view from up there.

post-6012-0-79043600-1336819150.jpg

post-6012-0-15421300-1336819158.jpg

I've included these two because it could get tricky with which direction to follow here:-

on the decent you eventually hit a sort of T-junction at this pointpost-6012-0-33309500-1336819940.jpg

just after this tree you'll see this marking

post-6012-0-27132900-1336819973.jpg

you don't turn left or right, you pretty much go straight over the trail you've encountered, just at a slight angle and keep an eye out for another such white stripe marking

(pic was fuzzy, pointless posting)

other then that ( which is really nothing at all, just thought I'd mention it), it's plain sailing following the trail.