Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ride and an incredible location, cant wait to go back and try some of the other routes we didnt get to do... As for the trails along the river we got lost on more than one occasion and had to back track, but still well worth it.

Erik's built a 7km Cross Country trail that starts very close to the Farmhouse, just after crossing under the bridge when heading out in the railway/concrete road/Daggapad etc direction.

there's an cross country event taking place tomorrow, R100 to enter.

apologies, no pics to show ... I never got to ride it this morning. But will post as soon as I have a chance to.

Jeez. It was about a month ago when I was chatting to him after a ride that he told me wanted to start building a short XCO loop. Does he not sleep?

Can't wait to try it.

Jeez. It was about a month ago when I was chatting to him after a ride that he told me wanted to start building a short XCO loop. Does he not sleep?

Can't wait to try it.

Erik's a machine!

Guys, I rode the Cross Country Route (River Dance) this morning..... :drool:

WOW!!!!!! :clap:

It's flippen awesome!!

use it as a warm up to your ride or loop it over and over and over ........ and over again!

Once again Erik's outdone himself!

Like a tool I didn't charge my GoPro so no pics yet.. but will get some soon!

Don't miss out!

Warning though... it is pretty technical.... ( but that's what makes it SO much fun!!)

PS hope this weather hasn't kept you all indoors today! the riding was amazing!

Edited by L.T.G

Guys, I rode the Cross Country Route (River Dance) this morning..... :drool:

WOW!!!!!! :clap:

It's flippen awesome!!

use it as a warm up to your ride or loop it over and over and over ........ and over again!

Once again Erik's outdone himself!

Like a tool I didn't charge my GoPro so no pics yet.. but will get some soon!

Don't miss out!

Warning though... it is pretty technical.... ( but that's what makes it SO much fun!!)

PS hope this weather hasn't kept you all indoors today! the riding was amazing!

Nice did the normal meat and veg route, garmin asseblief LTG

Nice did the normal meat and veg route, garmin asseblief LTG

Will do Rouxtjie, ... also another thing I forgot to charge (though all my stuff was charged last night...never checked , adapter was unplugged :cursing: )

but it starts right there just after the farmhouse, in the direction of DaggaPad/Concrete/Railway etc.. once you pass under the bridge of the R560, as opposed to that first left turn to go along the fence you go straight for not even 10m and it starts there , then you follow the yellow arrows.

Will do Rouxtjie, ... also another thing I forgot to charge (though all my stuff was charged last night...never checked , adapter was unplugged :cursing: )

but it starts right there just after the farmhouse, in the direction of DaggaPad/Concrete/Railway etc.. once you pass under the bridge of the R560, as opposed to that first left turn to go along the fence you go straight for not even 10m and it starts there , then you follow the yellow arrows.

Yes saw it today....thanks mnr

Easy enough for the average joe to ride?

It's not insanely technical.. the whole idea is for it to have flow, hence the reason Erik called it the River Dance.. it's a bit raw in places , but that'll smooth out quickly... for the "average joe"? it might be a bit tough, but you won't know unless you try!

this is one of about 7 or 9 bridges.. I lost count.

post-6012-0-33700700-1347885734.jpg

post-6012-0-43552300-1347885743.jpg

I'll add more pics in a couple weeks, sadly I'm not around to ride next week and the last weekend of September is the Single Speed World Champs, so I'll only be back at VG in about 3 weeks.

I'll hopefully then get more info and pics for the new loop at the Greek Church.