Chorus Ultra Torque vs Ultegra 6700 vs Force

W1Z@RD

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• Chorus Ultra Torque
    • Ultegra 6700
    • Force

Hi Guys,

Thinking of upgrading my groupset. Currently riding a Shimano mix of Ultegra. Prices are pretty similar with Campag slightly more but all 10sp.Currently riding Merida but am looking at changing to Bianchi or Bottechia frame - but that could be a while still......

What would you recommend?

Edited by W1Z@RD

i recommend campy = smoother shifter.

and buying chorus means that it was last years' record groupset.

campy tend to be on the expensive side once you start upgrading, but CWC has really good prises and you should consult with them.

happy riding.

Chorus, reasons:

1)Its sexy

2)Its campy, it never wears out, it only wears in.

3)Its sexy

4)You should NEVER put anything but Campag on a Bianchi.

5)Its sexy

6)If you like to take things apart like me, you can with Campag,Shimano press fit things together.

7)Its so damn sexy

Edited by Veloce

If you don't get emotional about it, Force is the best buy of the 3, based purely on performance vs. cost. It is the lightest of the 3 gruppos (almost as light as Red), comes with carbon crank, shifters and rear deraileur, and has nice graphics :thumbup:

Fantastic gruppo for the price.

Chorus, reasons:

1)Its sexy

2)Its campy, it never wears out, it only wears in.

3)Its sexy

4)You should NEVER put anything but Campag on a Bianchi.

5)Its sexy

6)If you like to take things apart like me, you can with Campag,Shimano press fit things together.

7)Its so damn sexy

+1

As a Shimano fan My pick will be.

1. Force

2. Chorus

3. Ultegra

Got you there didn't I. Well, Shimano is making their stuff uglier and uglier with every version (not talking performance here). And you can not put 3rd party rings on the cranks as it will look off from a mile away.

If you don't get emotional about it, Force is the best buy of the 3, based purely on performance vs. cost. It is the lightest of the 3 gruppos (almost as light as Red), comes with carbon crank, shifters and rear deraileur, and has nice graphics :thumbup:

Agree :D

force by a long way :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crankit01

IMO the only SRAM that doesn't give hastles is Red. Force is nice when first setup but I battled to adjust on my own.

Shimano is very compatible and easy to sell

I'd only put and Italian groupset on an Italian bike (but then again I'm CampyMad) sorry for the biased opinion