Beware Breedt's Nek!

Gash

Vertel mooi waar hierdie pad is asb!

S25 51 54.3 E27 26 35.5 - Thats the location at the top of the pass. Sorry EWEP, 6 of us went up there on our GS's yesterday, i should have given you a call. But we are planing on heading up there agian soon, probably in the next 2 weeks? Will let you know.....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if I can report it at my local Police Station (Fourways) or do I need to go out to Hekpoort?

Do you know if I can report it at my local Police Station (Fourways) or do I need to go out to Hekpoort?

Best to report it at SAPS in whose district the incident occured. Other SAPS will just refer you back to them.

And maybe one of the cops there knows this chap and can have a friendly word of warning with him.

Gash, whether the SAPS will be effective or not is not the primary reason to report it - it establishes a pattern of behaviour if he causes further trouble in future (& it sounds like he will). By reporting it you establish a baseline complaint & it will be taken into account for any future incidents. Rather be proactive - if this guy feels like he can do what he wants & there seems to be no reaction from the cyclists concerned he will in all likelyhood feel he can act with impunity and escalate things.

The fact that there was physical contact made between you and the vehicle, that there was a threatening verbal altercation and that you have a group of witnesses present makes for a very strong case - much more so that near-miss "buzzing" complaints.

I urge you to open a case - for the benefit of all cyclists who use that road.

I Strongly agree - do it for the next guy or gal, starting something might help someone who might land up worse for this chuff. I wish I got the details of the many folk who a forced me off the roads and hurled abuse

Sad stuff... Heading there this weekend with some friends, so we'll be on the lookout. It's such a k@k road these days that I can't see why cyclists is his main concern.

I've been over the nek with my bakkie last week (yes i'm afrikaans too, but no gold fortuner...) and it took the better part of 30 mins to drive that piece of road.

Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='Gash' timestamp='1298274857' post='1338350'

The vehicle is: -

Gold Toyota Fortuner

Reg WXY435GP

White Male, 55+yrs, 150kgs, big farmer hat, afrikaans

Please guys exersize caution on this route.

Regards

Gary

You are racist, prejucdiced and intolerant of others language.

Edited by Big H

Sad stuff... Heading there this weekend with some friends, so we'll be on the lookout. It's such a k@k road these days that I can't see why cyclists is his main concern.

I've been over the nek with my bakkie last week (yes i'm afrikaans too, but no gold fortuner...) and it took the better part of 30 mins to drive that piece of road.

Thanks for sharing.

The road is indeed terrible! Please keep your eyes open at the top of the pass, I took my dogs up there 2 days ago for a walk and there was a 'smart' car parked away from the main road behind the clump of trees and rocks you see following the top of the mountain line (there is a 4x4 track that goes on for a few km). Something was not right as you could see the fresh 'scrape' marks as the driver took his car up the road. He was a white male, around 50+ and in dire need of a shave and a bath and when he saw us he came toward us mouthing something. I did not want my dogs to bite him so we got back in the Sani and left. I did report it to a community watch but they said they had not heard of anything suspicious in the area. For me seeing a tiny Smart car well hidden behind the rocks and trees it was certainly suspect!

I was also there that day - dont quite remember seeing the vehicle in question but think I saw you gash - if you are the bunch I saw.

I was riding with Noobie and her husband. We just did a slow ride to the base and back. People were driving badly that day! Did anyone see the bakkie that got stuck and then decided to drive like a retard at speed?

I am getting worried about Breedts - saw a good few worker types that were not 100% sober at 9am. Wonder when Breedts is going to become a bike-jack area?

I was also there that day - dont quite remember seeing the vehicle in question but think I saw you gash - if you are the bunch I saw.

I was riding with Noobie and her husband. We just did a slow ride to the base and back. People were driving badly that day! Did anyone see the bakkie that got stuck and then decided to drive like a retard at speed?

I am getting worried about Breedts - saw a good few worker types that were not 100% sober at 9am. Wonder when Breedts is going to become a bike-jack area?

jeeees, getting all negative before there's been any bike-jack incidents...

Lighten up dude, life's not allways that bad!!! :)

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if there have been any more incidents since the original post, or have the locals settled down?