New saddle

HowellingWulf

Last night whilst paying attention to my steed I noticed that the rail on my saddle cracked/snapped. It is a Spesh BG Alias 143mm with Ti rails. It is less than a year old. Now I'm in the market for a new saddle. Should I go for one of the Spesh saddles or should I go for a fizi:k Gobi XM wiff k:ium rails? I've heard that the Gobi's are excellent but if you are planning on having kids you should not get one since it impedes circulation to your nether regions. Any truth in the rumour? Also, not looking for any Ti bits since it is a bit brittle. I'm a meaty 86kg's and do mostly marathon/stage race type of events.

post-7306-0-89531900-1298612916.jpg

post-7306-0-99159000-1298612926.jpg

if you are planning on having kids you should not get one since it impedes circulation to your nether regions. Any truth in the rumour?

Dunno about the saddle in question, but I reckon these saddle's wif cut-outs is all marketing crap. I been on a bike for nearly twenty years,with 'normal' saddles,and not fun-rider stuff either, trying to cut it as a pro in SA in the 90's was hard graft, and I still, and after that long,I still managed to to have soldiers that march straight and shoot straight.

Look at Lance, all that riding, and only one ball, he's up to like 5 kids now.

Mr bobby there is only one choice Spesh Phenom Team.

Wicked design and colours!

Yup, only if you are a 65kay lighty with a bony arse laugh.gif.

I need something more, uuuhm ,luxurious for my derrière...

Yup, only if you are a 65kay lighty with a bony arse

As far as MTB goes, I have tried a few saddles, and have found the best to be a road classic, a san marco Rolls, in white no less...

Oh,wait, but then I am less than 65kg's. Even so, try one if ya can find one...

Dunno about the saddle in question, but I reckon these saddle's wif cut-outs is all marketing crap. I been on a bike for nearly twenty years,with 'normal' saddles,and not fun-rider stuff either, trying to cut it as a pro in SA in the 90's was hard graft, and I still, and after that long,I still managed to to have soldiers that march straight and shoot straight.

Look at Lance, all that riding, and only one ball, he's up to like 5 kids now.

Thanks.

Very valid points although I suspect that it is easier to move one ball around and get comfy than two. laugh.gif

Yup, only if you are a 65kay lighty with a bony arse laugh.gif.

I need something more, uuuhm ,luxurious for my derrière...

That would be 61Kg lighty Sir!!

As far as MTB goes, I have tried a few saddles, and have found the best to be a road classic, a san marco Rolls, in white no less...

Oh,wait, but then I am less than 65kg's. Even so, try one if ya can find one...

Cruds, then I should look for something along the lines of a modded Masser Furgesson spring loaded seat...

I am a healthy 100kg and get along just fine with my Fizik Gobi with Ki:um rails.

Lots of people can suggest saddles, but only your under carriage will make the final decision.

More bikeshops should do demo or loan saddles.

Otherwise its an expensive trial and error process.