Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Thanks for the input. I don't agree with your points above.

I've worked on and built my share of trails in my life. This shouldn't be a prerequisite in a paid for park. Certainly not a basis for the above tone.

Happy building

One

Day

After

Another

And

Another

Meeting

About a meeting.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input. I don't agree with your points above.

I've worked on and built my share of trails in my life. This shouldn't be a prerequisite in a paid for park. Certainly not a basis for the above tone.

No tone - just telling it how it is. Just build, criticize constructively, and enjoy the trails. Just don't launch attacks against people who are devoted to improving the trails in Tokai, saying that they would make "excellent politicians" and that they are "piss poor" at their job.

Happy building

Thanks. We're building this saturday, if you're interested.

Edited by cptmayhem

Hmm. I'm not so sure "altruism" would be the right term for doing someone else's work for them.

Each to their own though.

I personally don't have the time to dig trails all day. I'd prefer to spend the little free time I have riding my bike. It's unfair of you to judge those who cannot fight your convoluted battle with you. Feel free to waste your time with sanparks. We just moved on to other venues.

Altruism guy, working for the benefit of all! We do it for you!

Go and read my reply to your take on the volunteer system. Either you did not read it or you did not understand. Volunteering services to SANparks has been a practice by volunteers since 1964. (Actually it started in 1909, but the time donated stayed off the recorded contribution list until the Honorary Rangers was officially formed in 1964.)

I don't buy that you have been monitoring this thread, you seem to know very little about the history of Tokai. If you have any constructive suggestions, please, we await some input. Until such time I suggest your posts should just be regarded as trolling.. anymore time invested in your short-sighted bickering would be a waste.

post-13110-0-93131200-1343327864.jpeg

Edited by Pain or Shine

Please have a look at Kandui's post on the Table Mountain Bikers hosted thread regarding the Table Mountain MTB (TMMTB) forum. We have had several meetings to draw up a constitution that is required to represent mountain biking access on Table Mountain National Park (TMNP) land.

This is the first official step any user group has taken to liaise with TMNP on matters concerning activities in the park.

We are busy setting up the Table Mountain MTB Forum . A draft Constitution has been put together and we meet again next week to discuss further. Once we have set up the Voluntary Association, there will be a public meeting to elect representatives and we would like as many of you to be involved in this process. Once we are ready to go public, appropriate announcements will be made in the press and on this Forum. Drivers behind this initiative are: Amarider, PPA, Tokai MTB, Table Mountain Bikers.

The Purpose of the TM MTB Forum is:

1.1.1 The furtherance of mountain-biking, and all forms thereof, in Table Mountain National Park and surrounds;

1.1.2 To establish and provide a forum that represents the interests of mountain-bikers within the Cape Peninsula geographical area;

1.1.3 The promotion of mountain-biking routes and trails within the Table Mountain National Park and surrounding areas;

1.1.4 To assist with security and maintenance of mountain-biking routes and trails in the aforementioned areas;

1.1.5 To initiate, plan and organise mountain-biking events and similar activities within the Table Mountain National Park and surrounding areas;

1.1.6 To negotiate with South African National Parks (“SANParks”) regarding the construction of a mountain-bike trail(s) spanning the length of the Table Mountain National Park, from Table Mountain to Cape Point;

1.1.7 To assist SANParks with the updating and implementation of the Environmental Management Plan;

1.1.8 To affiliate with other organisations having similar interests and related purposes for the due fulfilment of the Association’s objectives.

We are doing this properly and being assisted by an Environmental Planning company. This time it's for real.

Edited by Pain or Shine

Now these guys are doing something right. The reality is that very few trails anywhere in the world would be established without either volunteers or snow sport infrastructure to sustain it.

Pity politics and red tape hampers the efforts of people passionate about the trails. Perhaps trails on privately owned land is the way forward in SA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68OYjlMOZCM

Now these guys are doing something right. The reality is that very few trails anywhere in the world would be established without either volunteers or snow sport infrastructure to sustain it.

Pity politics and red tape hampers the efforts of people passionate about the trails. Perhaps trails on privately owned land is the way forward in SA.

Thanks MM, just followed one of the links from your vid..

Hey Mayhem, armouring.. haaa, makes me want to get out there now!!!

Watch to the end of chapter one.. I wish I saw this earlier, the importance of meetings! (How's the voice-over, gripping stuff!)

Edited by Pain or Shine

ai ee ai ee ai - I am your butterfly. I need your protection you're my samurai!

Up and Hubbing in the middle of the night? You stressing about the trails or Little Mayhem keeping you awake?

Won't be able to put my spade where my heart is this weekend. Have a rehearsal on Saturday. Pity, I've managed to get my hands on a ho...

Guest Omega Man

Is there a build day tomorrow?

If so I'll be there and apologize to Deon in person. I'll be in armor and a fullface tho.

OM, your leader has the details.. not sure why it's not gone up on bookaboutface yet..

Approval for two work parties, one starting at DH1 entry and moving down to 3 to put some finishing touches on a few obstacles. DH2 seems to be holding up.

Second party is on the main trails rain damage starting at Vasbyt bridge.

We have 3 hours from 10 to 1, we'll see how far we get in that time.

Won't be able to put my spade where my heart is this weekend. Have a rehearsal on Saturday. Pity, I've managed to get my hands on a ho...

huh? Rehearsal.. Ho..

Did you get the part of Hugh Hefner? Or Dirk Diggler ;) , you can tell us, we are all friends.

Guest Omega Man

OM, your leader has the details.. not sure why it's not gone up on bookaboutface yet..

Approval for two work parties, one starting at DH1 entry and moving down to 3 to put some finishing touches on a few obstacles. DH2 seems to be holding up.

Second party is on the main trails rain damage starting at Vasbyt bridge.

We have 3 hours from 10 to 1, we'll see how far we get in that time.

Sweet.

Up and Hubbing in the middle of the night? You stressing about the trails or Little Mayhem keeping you awake?

Little Mayhem. I wasn't tired - only went to sleep at 4 this morning, and woke up again at 7. Now I'm on the caf.