Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Guest Omega Man

Hey all. We are hoping to have a final pre race build day next weekend.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Saturday 17th?

Yup. Spoke to Deon now. It's gonna be next Saturday the 17th. This weekend I'm spending with my wife. No building.

Guest Omega Man

Hey guys.

I know this is a little on the short notice side of things but we are having a final build day this Saturday the 17th from 9am-3pm. we're gonna try clean up the dh track pre the race and hopefully build a few new little features to keep people on their toes for the race.

So please come along and help out if you can. Even if it's for an hour or 2. It's also a great opportunity to scope out a sneaky race line or 2 before the raceday which is going to be a fairly busy affair.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Can't make this one. Got a gig in grabouw.

You play in a band?

Ill be there, work permitting. I might even organise some rain to damp down the dust, cos its got real dry up there suddenly... Try following someone through the trees in the early morning sun!

Guest Omega Man

Ill be there, work permitting. I might even organise some rain to damp down the dust, cos its got real dry up there suddenly... Try following someone through the trees in the early morning sun!

Deon Has a 500l tank sponsored by JoJo tanks (Plug) that I'm hoping gets used to wet the track for the race. And it looks like there's a teeni chance of rain for the build day too.

Hey guys, any idea when the one way signage is arriving? I nearly killed a xc rider coming up the stepdown into the quarry on sunday morning. If I had been 5 seconds earlier it would have been nasty. There were guys shouting at him to move but he just carried on going up. I stopped and swore at him untill he was out of earshot but he obviously didn't give a ****.

Guest Omega Man

Hey guys, any idea when the one way signage is arriving? I nearly killed a xc rider coming up the stepdown into the quarry on sunday morning. If I had been 5 seconds earlier it would have been nasty. There were guys shouting at him to move but he just carried on going up. I stopped and swore at him untill he was out of earshot but he obviously didn't give a ****.

How? Why? the F*&K would you even want to ride up there?

I have to say tho. On Saturday some genius rode up that little jump out of the quarry that goes back onto the road. WHILE WE WERE WORKING ON IT!! He then circled back like we were gonna congratulate him for hitting the jump. Idiot.

Edited by Omega Man

I think he wanted a closer look, not realising the speed that we carry through there. I went beserk at him, adrenaline was pumping cos of the speed and also how close it was to being a bad accident.

Guest Omega Man

Hey All.

This last Saturday's build was out last official volunteer build day for 2012. Our next build will be be the 2nd of Feb 2013. There will be some guys up there this week and I think Deon will be wetting the trails a bit for our DH race on Saturday but that's pretty much it for the year.

I'm sure all of you will agree under Deon's (pain or shine) leadership we've made huge strides on the mountain this year and built some features that we can truly be proud of. Next year things are looking even better with a vehicle being donated. (Deon needs to go into detail on this one and do a little corporate plugging) Moving material round the mountain this year has proved to be our biggest challenge.

As far as the builders go (you know who you are) thanks for all your efforts and time. Also a thank you to your wives, husbands, kids, pets, neglected gardens, gay lovers etc etc.

For next year Vince and I have devised a cunning plan to reward the guys who pitch for the build days. We're hoping this will also spark interest from the slightly less altruistic amongst us. I can't go public with the details yet but you will be informed.

See you guys on the 2nd of Feb. Yes you!