Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Had a really good meeting with Deon last night.

The short term stuff that affects us is that there WILL be a maintenance day on the first Saturday of every month going forward. That's incredible news cos we now have an opportunity to work on the mountain on a regular basis. So now all of you know. First Saturday of every month is Tokai build day.

It also means that ANYONE who has an interest in doing maintenance can show up on the first Saturday of every month and get involved. Between Deon, Myles Vince and I we will be running the build days under Deon's leadership.

So come build. This Saturday. 9am. Tokai. Bring tools, gloves, water and maybe food. Leave your bikes at home.

Edited by Pain or Shine
content correction

Thanks Omega.

Just expanding on the process and who is responsible/chain of command. Myles (CptMayhem), Vince and Duane (Omega Man) will be the guys helping me out on build days. They know the scope of work the permit allows and are the right people I believe, with the right passion to help me get Tokai on track.

There are strict rules regarding working on the mountain of course, so under no circumstances are we to be seen as a "jolly patrolie" while commuting by vehicle. These three guys also have the final say in any discussion on the day as to what feature is installed on the mountain. Rider safety is THE priority and new unapproved course features have the potential of catching riders unaware. This is not to say that we will not have features added on the day, but particular care must be taken that it does not pose a risk for unsuspecting riders.

With regard the regular Saturday build, be on time for the shuttle up or be happy walking/riding to the build area. If you are late, you will unfortunately not be allowed to drive your vehicle into the park for obvious reasons. Duane and Myles, I am suggesting an early afternoon meeting time. The bulk of the riders are usually off the mountain by 12/1pm. We should try to keep the weekend builds with as little interruption to riders as we can and this includes keeping tools off the trail. Sorry, couldn't resist.

1st Saturdays of the month at 1pm?

Epic. Agreed on the start time of early afternoon. Also gives those guys who are riding time to get their ride in and still be able to build.

Good news is that I received feedback on the improvements on Vasbyt (the bridge section) and it has been a huge hit. Multiple Thank You's and so on. Flows so nicely now, and you don't have to worry about being swallowed up into Isengard what with all those ruts in the way.

Epic. Agreed on the start time of early afternoon. Also gives those guys who are riding time to get their ride in and still be able to build.

Good news is that I received feedback on the improvements on Vasbyt (the bridge section) and it has been a huge hit. Multiple Thank You's and so on. Flows so nicely now, and you don't have to worry about being swallowed up into Isengard what with all those ruts in the way.

Whew, Isengard is not a place for the feint hearted.. or cycling inept. Thanks Mayhem for the feedback.

Also got feedback on the new tabletop and improvements to DH1. DH1 improvements have been received very well. Positive feedback from guys who ride all the time. The tabletop still needs a bit of work though (entry point and line into the table) but has LOADS of potential.

Will hopefully be a morning job, as not a lot needs to be done to make it superb.

Also got feedback on the new tabletop and improvements to DH1. DH1 improvements have been received very well. Positive feedback from guys who ride all the time. The tabletop still needs a bit of work though (entry point and line into the table) but has LOADS of potential.

Will hopefully be a morning job, as not a lot needs to be done to make it superb.

Omega Man, stick a feather in your cap...

Guest Omega Man

And the chainsaw...

Dude. Multiple guys rode past me while I was working with that thing. Me! They are insane. I'm the most inept lumberjack in the world.

Ok so let's make the Monthly maintenance 1pm First Saturday of the month. That way people can get a little burn in before they come build. DONE!

Except. I've already put a thingy up on the facebook group for 9. So let's make it a full day this Saturday.

Edited by Omega Man

Dude. Multiple guys rode past me while I was working with that thing. Me! They are insane. I'm the most inept lumberjack in the world.

Ok so let's make the Monthly maintenance 1pm First Saturday of the month. That way people can get a little burn in before they come build. DONE!

Except. I've already put a thingy up on the facebook group for 9. So let's make it a full day this Saturday.

Sorry but what is the name of the group on Facebook? I would like to join in and help out as much as possible :thumbup:

Sorry but what is the name of the group on Facebook? I would like to join in and help out as much as possible :thumbup:

Tokai MTB trail Builders. Request to join, and I'll add you...

Another one you may want to join is WP downhill. I can't add you to that one though...

Tokai MTB trail Builders. Request to join, and I'll add you...

Another one you may want to join is WP downhill. I can't add you to that one though...

Shot, I joined the WP downhill group a while ago but thank you :thumbup:

Ah. I see you got added before I could add you. Good man.

Weird, clicked joined then received a notification that I was accepted :clap: I am happy with that haha!

Thanks for all the hard work guys, I want to get involved with giving something back to the trails. Having a dedicated day really helps me because I can plan ahead with the wife. Too short notice to help this weekend, I really hope to be there at the next maintenance day. Enjoy!