Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to say, I'll be there.

Rumour has it that there will be dancing girls handing out ice cold beers on the 27th

Are these two statements related in any way?

Please no!

(Shave at least)

I've had both a shave and a haircut (trying desparately to get lighter) since you saw me on the mountain yesterday! But I'm still no dancing girl! :D

Build day - XC trails:

I wonder where we are working?

If anyone wants to suggest a piece of trail that has been bugging them/on their repair wish list, you have the mic. Failing that, I nominate Puffadder gets a new climb.

Oh, PS, FYI. Meurant is back from the IMBA summit in Santa Fe, says the trend is directional trails. More news soon.

Which one is puffadder? How about the section below the ruins, the bottom level. No one seems to ride that. Needs some tlc. Or the switchbacks?

Which one is puffadder? How about the section below the ruins, the bottom level. No one seems to ride that. Needs some tlc. Or the switchbacks?

Puffadder is that short steep one next to Ruins, that makes you poff soos 'n paedo in a kindergarten.

Switchbacks - needs attention! On the cards, but for the future. Not technically an XC trail, more Trail / AM

Below Ruins is Snake Eyes and then Rinkhals. Snake Eyes is up to standard (mostly) but RInkhals is going to be totally revamped - need a beeeeeeg work part for that though, and the new trail needs to be marked out first.

I'm happy to build wherever. Puffadder won't be my first choice cause I can't see myself working that into my ride coming down in the near future. It's just too much damn fun bombing straight out of the one trail into the other. Maybe if ruins gets a bit of TLC it would make sense. But, like I said, that's preference, but wouldn't mind working on it if it works for the rest of the people.

Was also thinking it would be cool to cut new sgl track and add to the the plenty of bliss out there already, but I'm not too clued up at the moment on what needs work after the winter and all the rain we've had.

Again, happy to show up, shut up and dig up.

Cool. The whole snake trail will be an awesome run when we get it finished. Need a decent 6inch bike for that!

Gonna change your name then?wink.png

Naah. My trusty old steel hardtail is the one bike that I will NEVER sell. I ride the dh bike mostly but the hardtail always brings a smile to my face, and most of tokai is awesome fun on it!

I'm happy to build wherever. Puffadder won't be my first choice cause I can't see myself working that into my ride coming down in the near future. It's just too much damn fun bombing straight out of the one trail into the other. Maybe if ruins gets a bit of TLC it would make sense. But, like I said, that's preference, but wouldn't mind working on it if it works for the rest of the people.

Was also thinking it would be cool to cut new sgl track and add to the the plenty of bliss out there already, but I'm not too clued up at the moment on what needs work after the winter and all the rain we've had.

Again, happy to show up, shut up and dig up.

Puffy should be an uphill trail soon. Anyone riding down is missing all the fun in the other trails. Agreed that Ruins (boomslang) could be spruced up, I can think of several things needed to give it such cool flow. Should we at least walk it on the day and schtickk to a design?

Guest Omega Man

Puffy should be an uphill trail soon. Anyone riding down is missing all the fun in the other trails. Agreed that Ruins (boomslang) could be spruced up, I can think of several things needed to give it such cool flow. Should we at least walk it on the day and schtickk to a design?

Ja. Maybe puffadder should become an up only trail. We've have to make it nice tho cos currently it's just a root fest.

Hi guys. Been checking this discussion out for quite a while now.

I am a keen xc and dh rider and I was hoping to catch some attention with this topic....

I can't stress enough how many times I have fallen or crashed because of people riding up the trails.

I know it's fun and challenging riding up the trails but it is dangerous!

I think turning one or two of the trails into an only-up trail is a great idea.

And one more thing: Would it by any chance be possible to get signs at the bottom and top of each trail

stating that this is an only up or down trail in the near future if budget allows?

Thanks