Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Ah, that was you! CAn't miss the Pyga, I was standing with a spade on the side as you cruised passed.

I was going so slow don't know how I missed you.... :ph34r: what a pleasant surprise when I hit the tight corner by the tree only to find 'no ruts' wish I had picked up more speed - the PYGA was more than up for it! Edited by ramsew

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Right so quick count and it looks like there are 16 downhillers confirmed and crow, mayhem and Deon.

Please xc riders. Prove the downhillers wrong.

They think that only downhillers build. And by the look of it at present they are right.

Right so quick count and it looks like there are 16 downhillers confirmed and crow, mayhem and Deon.

Please xc riders. Prove the downhillers wrong.

They think that only downhillers build. And by the look of it at present they are right.

I think John'o is coming as well (from the Hogs) and I'll try to ring up a few more interested parties. John'o is always keen for that, and has good ideas as well. Don't forget the beer provider though - Ramsew!

Guest Omega Man

I think John'o is coming as well (from the Hogs) and I'll try to ring up a few more interested parties. John'o is always keen for that, and has good ideas as well. Don't forget the beer provider though - Ramsew!

m. I just find it amazing that people bitch and moan about the trails and when the time comes to stick a spade in the ground they are quiet as mice. What happened to mtbsurfer? He was all fist on the chest saying he's there when they build on the xc trails.

Crickets.

I take offense in the blatant discrimination! :ph34r:

m. I just find it amazing that people bitch and moan about the trails and when the time comes to stick a spade in the ground they are quiet as mice. What happened to mtbsurfer? He was all fist on the chest saying he's there when they build on the xc trails.

Crickets.

So true, D. Same mentality applies to those ppl we were talkin about on saturday. Meh. At least there's beer tonight. Will talk about muppitses then, and ways to get more involved.

Crickets.

What, you act all surprised? It is easy to point fingers.

There is no obligation to volunteer, please keep this in mind when advertising volunteer days Omega. The threats and loud words from the critics are usually just that.. anyone who volunteers out of obligation will do so with a grudge and this will detract from the day and the method through which Tokai has existed for the last ±13 years. This is a concept that so few can appreciate, the sense of entitlement is fast becoming the way the mountain is viewed.

Remember, your access permit does not pay for the service of mountain biking.. the service is provided by volunteers...

Also remember it is also the Table mountain membership drive this Sunday which I think is another important event to participate in.

Guest Omega Man

I take offense in the blatant discrimination! :ph34r:

Haha. Sorry bru. Wasn't meant to offend.

Guest Omega Man

What, you act all surprised? It is easy to point fingers.

There is no obligation to volunteer, please keep this in mind when advertising volunteer days Omega. The threats and loud words from the critics are usually just that.. anyone who volunteers out of obligation will do so with a grudge and this will detract from the day and the method through which Tokai has existed for the last ±13 years. This is a concept that so few can appreciate, the sense of entitlement is fast becoming the way the mountain is viewed.

Remember, your access permit does not pay for the service of mountain biking.. the service is provided by volunteers...

Sure. It's just like so many things in this country tho. People point fingers and bitch and moan when stuff doesn't happen. But when you ask them to pull finger and get involved it's excuses or even worse. Nothing.

I don't expect the 4000 people who regularly ride Tokai to show. But 30 would be nice. Seeing as though massive effort has gone into dealing with parks, getting the materials on site, getting the build days sorted etc etc etc.

Do you think that if we put a sign up at the gate announcing a build day people would come?

A sign will go up notifying the users of impending work that may result in certain trail closures for the day. With the type of work planned, it will be dangerous for riders to continue using the trail while under construction.. No reason why we cannot put something up at the gate in conjunction rallying support.

Do you think that if we put a sign up at the gate announcing a build day people would come?

Guest Omega Man

Hey Guys. Good luck with the build on the weekend.

You are more than welcome to attend.