Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Tokai Snake Eyes closed until repairs complete later this week. Thanks..

When is the machine coming brah? We also need to discuss our plan of attack for the weekend's build.

Guest Omega Man

@ Everyone.

This Saturday's build is happening. 1-5pm. Please pull in. Deon hasn't made a final decision on what is being built on but we are most likely building on Vasbyt after the dh/vasbyt split. There's lots of loving that needs to be done there.

We will also, depending on numbers, hopefully be doing a little repair work on DH2. Not making the trail a bike park trail but repairing rain ruts and maybe changing the entrance a little to make it a bit more fun.

Guest Omega Man

Shot to all that guys that pulled in today. We primarily worked on the dh track cos pretty much all the guys that built today are downhillers. Did a divert on dh1. changed the entry to dh2 a bit and dropped some laterite in on the lower dh3 section.

To all the xc guys. come on guys. Get involved. I'll happily run a dedicated xc build day. PM me if you guys are into having a dedicated xc trail build day. The more people that build the easier it is and the more we achieve. We have carte blanche on the existing trails on that mountain. but WE have to do it.

You can't expect others to work on trails for you. so if you want good trails then pull in.

The next scheduled build day is Saturday 3 November.

Also big up to Deon (pain or shine) for getting the buiding material to where it needed to be.

Edited by Omega Man

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lads, is there another build day this month? I know first saturday of every month but is there one sooner? I would like to do a bit of work on the step up landing at the quarry if possible.

Jimmy, pm Pain or Shine. I know he is up there with some labour almost every day. They've been building / repairing in various places lately.

Guest Omega Man

Hey lads, is there another build day this month? I know first saturday of every month but is there one sooner? I would like to do a bit of work on the step up landing at the quarry if possible.

There's an official xc build day planned for the 27th. There's also a machine going in at some point to get that section below the quarry opened up and Deon is up there pretty much on a daily basis building. There is also the build day that's happening on Saturday the 3rd.

I'll speak to Deon. Maybe we can get up there this weekend or on the 27th when the xc build happens. But I don't want focus shifted away from an all XC build. We are trying to get a culture of maintenance going up there and on the xc build day we don't actually want anything happening on the dh track. we also actually don't want dher's building on that day. We want xc guys building on the xc track.

I know i'm more likely to fall pregnant than it being a success but I'd like downhillers to stop moaning that they are the only ones building and I'd also like xc riders to stop moaning that work only gets done on the dh tracks.

On that. I wonder what happened to that mtbsurfer oke? It's summer. the waves are k@k and the water's freezing. You think he'll come build?

There's an official xc build day planned for the 27th.

I'll be there on the 27th. Might be able to make the 3rd as well.

Funny that, I don't recall any of the dh guys moaning about building! An all xc build day? I might come along and do a bit o` digging , after all I do ride those trails sometimes.

Rumour has it that there will be dancing girls handing out ice cold beers on the 27th

Guest Omega Man

Funny that, I don't recall any of the dh guys moaning about building! An all xc build day? I might come along and do a bit o` digging , after all I do ride those trails sometimes.

It's only some people. No names mentioned. hehe. and it's more a perception than reality. I hate the downhiller/crosscountry labels when it comes to working on the trails.

Yeah that will be sick if you come. btw that entrance to dh2. Have you ridden it? Soooo fast. loving it. Shot for that.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

I'll be there on the 27th. Might be able to make the 3rd as well.

Nice.