Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Should get yourself checked out, mate. Heard that's one of the first signs of Radiation poisoning. Always told you to keep your hands out of the microwave...

lool.. i said lines, not the blue glow due to the cherenkov effect..

but for example:

post-6789-0-51169300-1310066310.jpg

then looking back to the spot i took the first photo from:

post-6789-0-67294300-1310066322.jpgpost-6789-0-99973700-1310066330.jpg

Edited by Capricorn

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheres SH :unsure:

Hmm any plans to fix up cobra in the future? :huh: Ridden it once but was a bit overgrown etc. Dont se many ppl on it.

Clue - where the noon day gun gets fired...

Signal Hill...

Cobra is on the list for the future. Right now, this weekend, it's the DH track...

Clue - where the noon day gun gets fired...

Signal Hill...

Cobra is on the list for the future. Right now, this weekend, it's the DH track...

:blush: was thinking somewhere on tokai . but SH will be nice i can pop there after work. :D

Cool on cobra sad when a trail falls away and we all calling for more. :thumbup:

Ja bro, there's just so much SAND on there! But if we get another party together like we (should) have this weekend, I reckon it could be fixed in a day or 2...

lool.. i said lines, not the blue glow due to the cherenkov effect..

but for example:

post-6789-0-51169300-1310066310.jpg

then looking back to the spot i took the first photo from:

post-6789-0-67294300-1310066322.jpgpost-6789-0-99973700-1310066330.jpg

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I see exactly what you mean!

Ja bro, there's just so much SAND on there! But if we get another party together like we (should) have this weekend, I reckon it could be fixed in a day or 2...

all that sand smacks of a bigger drainage problem at hand than can be fixed in a day. just my opine, cos for a long while, that track was nicely ridable, then last year or thereabouts, boom! sandpit.

i dunno if u messing with my head again mayhem, but honestly, that hill has some sick slope, and it's beggin for a track. easily a 2-and-a-half min tops track outta that one. might involve tranversing the incline a bit, but it could work.

all that sand smacks of a bigger drainage problem at hand than can be fixed in a day. just my opine, cos for a long while, that track was nicely ridable, then last year or thereabouts, boom! sandpit.

I hear ya, bro. A bit at a time... But heck, a party of 8 or 10 can get a lot done in 2 days, especially if we're all digging drainage channels!

i dunno if u messing with my head again mayhem, but honestly, that hill has some sick slope, and it's beggin for a track. easily a 2-and-a-half min tops track outta that one. might involve tranversing the incline a bit, but it could work.

No messin, mate. I can seriously see why you're going all Chernobyl on us!

last i heard, we are allowed riding on the lower slopes at SH. Don't recall who said it, but they were chilled about the trails, not too fussed as long as it was not hike path.. Parks get uptight about those. This could be a question for the ward councillor? Present an idea and get permission.

Where have they been burning? Higher up?

Damn, can you imagine??!!

last i heard, we are allowed riding on the lower slopes at SH. Don't recall who said it, but they were chilled about the trails, not too fussed as long as it was not hike path.. Parks get uptight about those. This could be a question for the ward councillor? Present an idea and get permission.

Where have they been burning? Higher up?

Damn, can you imagine??!!

that's all i been doing while i was out there this evening, wasting my running time standing around in a pool of drool. meh..;)

they not burning. that which u see is from the last bigass fire that raged there a few months back. now would be the best time to cut a line before the grasses and small bushes grow back. In the first photo, they felling that whole line of trees. Guys are cutting it up as firewood, packaging it onsite in clear plastic bags, and then trucking what seems like finished product ready for sale. Sweet little operation they got going.

ward councillor.. roger that. this should be interesting. Any tips would be appreciated.

where is cobra? 'scuse the ignorance, but I've never got the names right.. i got a whole different naming structure.

where is cobra? 'scuse the ignorance, but I've never got the names right.. i got a whole different naming structure.

Hmmm up above Mamba :D Its the highest one in the middle between the bridle path and the road to the silvermine. it comes out just near the entrance to mamba .Hope i explanined it ok :unsure:

they did burn for a while. i saw smoke in small patches for two days. You see the same burn patches in Tokai, had to zoom - on the phone - but can make out those spots in the pics.

If that's the case, may be too late to apply. When they burn, it means reintoducing fynbos, then it's a different ballgame. Councillor could still work. See the grand prix is back in the news, sport is back on the agenda! SH is prime spot but you could be up against the greenies??

leet, got it.

Cobra does not have the right trail slope. It's beyond rebuild, would need a reroute to use more contour, can't wait!