Slime in tubes

Fork-it

I would like to know for how long does 'slime' (the green stuff) stay active in tubes?

and

If the wheels were stationary for some time (even months), would the slime still work, or what actions should be taken?

I think you should replace it every 4 months.  If the bike is not going to be used for long times you should turn the wheels at least twice per week

thanks,

When you say 'replace' does that mean, take the old slime out before putting new slime in, or just put new slime in?

Replace the slime only Smile...

Unless you have some of those infamous "bike-fairies" who, unbeknownst to you, take your precious out for a ridiculous thrashing every night...

Pesky little critters those fairies...

Ps - they do exist!

How else would you explain the fact that I have successfully convinced my wife I need new cranks, this in spite of me doing very little riding over the last while....Wink

I have a Mtb and hardly use it and the slime always works. but i rekon you should change it regularly just to be safe.Quicksilv3r2007-11-08 08:06:42

I am not to sure about changing it unless the bike like stands for months . I assume a fill-up should do you well every so often .