[Event] Lord Of The Chain Rings 2011 3 Day MTB Stage Race

DirtBag

Event Name: Lord Of The Chain Rings 2011 3 Day MTB Stage Race
When: 17 November 2011 - 19 November 2011
Where: Hogsback, Eastern Cape
Category: MTB

Prepare yourselves for the second edition of the LotCR :clap:

Last years participants were full of compliments, but we are planning to make the 2011 incarnation even more memorable!! :thumbup:

2011 Race Date: 17 - 19 November 2011

Entries will open exclusively for 2010 entrants from 00:00am on 1 March 2011 till 23:59pm on 14 March 2011 ( 2010 riders can team up with new partners. You do not need to enter with your previous partner)

Thereafter the entries will open to the general public at 00:00am on the 15th March 2011

This year's entries are limited to 100 teams!!

For full details and online entries go to www.ecmtb.co.za

Feel free to post questions! :D

Go to Event Page

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entries are slowly but surely pouring in! :clap:

It is actually so encouraging to see how eager last year's entrants are to get back in :blush:

Thanks guys for the support!! :thumbup:

Hi

I'm nervous about doing my first big stage race, can you tell me what types of track to expect, is it all hardcore single track stuff?

Thanks

J

Hi

I'm nervous about doing my first big stage race, can you tell me what types of track to expect, is it all hardcore single track stuff?

Thanks

J

Hay JaRk

Don't stress too much about it being a stage race. If you can complete a 3-4hour MTB marathon, and are fairly used to training on consecutive days, you will be OK doing your first stage race.

About the route though: our motto in creating the routes for the LotCR is not to be an ultra endurance event, although we do want to take the riders to awesome places in the Hogsback area, so ther is some riding up mountain sides, and there is some bombing down mountains alongside massive waterfalls. But the routes are mostly jeep tracks and forest roads. Probably 15-20% of each day will be singletrack (or at least not be deemed a road or traversable by bakkie) .

Our aim is to put riders in places where even the hard core racers will take notice and say "Good Grief!! Look where we are!!! Check that View/Waterfall)

So Jark, don't stress you'll be fine with a fair amount of fitness! :thumbup:

hi db.

watching your event on tv.looks like a race for real mtb's and weekend warriors , and not just for the pros. cant wait for entries to open so we can enter. :cm :thumbup:

I HAVE HEARD ENTRIES FILLING UP FAST , PLEASE KEEP ME A SPOT.

Hay Captain! At the moment you'll just have to hold thumbs till the 15th :unsure:

I'm sure there will still be space, but you'll have to act quick.

For interest: Dr Evil (Leon Evans) has entered again!! And we've received similar requests to yours from Ben Melt and the BizHub Ladies!!!! :clap:

Seems like this year the racing will be HOT!!!

Hay Captain! At the moment you'll just have to hold thumbs till the 15th :unsure:

I'm sure there will still be space, but you'll have to act quick.

For interest: Dr Evil (Leon Evans) has entered again!! And we've received similar requests to yours from Ben Melt and the BizHub Ladies!!!! :clap:

Seems like this year the racing will be HOT!!!

So long as we are talking about the ladies ,not the weather ! :)

So long as we are talking about the ladies ,not the weather ! :)

Dude!! Have you seen the BizHub Ladies!! :blush:

post-3726-0-04571300-1299588768.jpg

What more can I say...... The racing will be HOT!!

Hay JaRk

Don't stress too much about it being a stage race. If you can complete a 3-4hour MTB marathon, and are fairly used to training on consecutive days, you will be OK doing your first stage race.

About the route though: our motto in creating the routes for the LotCR is not to be an ultra endurance event, although we do want to take the riders to awesome places in the Hogsback area, so ther is some riding up mountain sides, and there is some bombing down mountains alongside massive waterfalls. But the routes are mostly jeep tracks and forest roads. Probably 15-20% of each day will be singletrack (or at least not be deemed a road or traversable by bakkie) .

Our aim is to put riders in places where even the hard core racers will take notice and say "Good Grief!! Look where we are!!! Check that View/Waterfall)

So Jark, don't stress you'll be fine with a fair amount of fitness! :thumbup:

Thanks for the response, I'm really excited to be a part of such a great sounding event!

I hope that there will be t.v coverage again! It'd be great to see it all from another perspective, not just through my own blood-and-sweaty eyes! haha!

Looking forward to this event!

Thanks for the response, I'm really excited to be a part of such a great sounding event!

I hope that there will be t.v coverage again! It'd be great to see it all from another perspective, not just through my own blood-and-sweaty eyes! haha!

Looking forward to this event!

Just remember : Entries are opening for non-2010 participants on the 15th March!! So you'll have to act quick to get in!! ;)

And yes :thumbup: there is going to be TV coverage again!

Can I ask how the TV coverage works? do you / we pay for it?

Hi Kosmonooit

The TV coverage for a stage race like ours costs in the region of R100k !! :o

So, to answer your question part of the cost comes from sponsorships, and part from entry fees.

Getting a race on TV is crazy expensive! But it is the only way to grow the race, and it is a nice reminder for the riders of how nice it was, and the back markers can see what was going on at the sharp end of the race. :D

Will we be riding same routes as 2010 ?? or will day 2 be softer . :unsure:

Hi Captain M

The routes will be prodominantly the same as last year, with the exception of stage 2. We have found another mountain, which is a lot more rideable :thumbup: , but just as rewarding as going up Hog 2. Stage 2 will be a bit longer than last year though..... so softer, but longer. More enjoyable!! :clap: