[Event] Lord Of The Chain Rings 2011 3 Day MTB Stage Race

DirtBag

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Dave and Pauline Bullock for being the first newcomer team to enter into the Lord of the Chain Rings 2011 event!! :clap:

They managed to squeeze their entry in before everyone else at 00:06 yesterday morning!! :thumbup:

Well done guys..... now go get some coffee.... you must be moeg! :P

HI DB. CHECKED OUT YOUR WEBSITE WWW.ECMTB.CO.ZA AND SEEMS STAGES SHOWN AS SAME AS 2010 ....I HAVE HEARD A RUMOUR THAT THE GUY IN THE TUB HAS BEEN UP IN THE MOUNTAINS SCOUTING NEW ROUTES ???

HI DB. CHECKED OUT YOUR WEBSITE WWW.ECMTB.CO.ZA AND SEEMS STAGES SHOWN AS SAME AS 2010 ....I HAVE HEARD A RUMOUR THAT THE GUY IN THE TUB HAS BEEN UP IN THE MOUNTAINS SCOUTING NEW ROUTES ???

Good Grief!! Captain M..... where did you find that out???

Seems like we have a mole in our team?? <_<

You heard right.... Dr Fick'n'Evil has been up in them mountains again, and has found some exciting new route options.

Just when we thought we had seen all there is to see, and rode all there was to ride in Hogsback, the Dr has found some new MTB-nirvana!

But, for more info, keep an eye on www.ecmtb.co.za

rode up in hoggsback today, mtb heaven... waterfalls running . forest deeeep green and veldflowers in bloom. paradise. beers at the fairies cold. what more can a man want? cm

rode up in hoggsback today, mtb heaven... waterfalls running . forest deeeep green and veldflowers in bloom. paradise. beers at the fairies cold. what more can a man want? cm

Captain M

You are truly living the good life!!

I am jealous!! :drool:

Man Captain M's making me way keen to get in! Can't wait for the event it sounds great!

Cant wait! Luckily will be make a few trips there before the event, to put my 'new' AM steed through its paces amongst other missions. Going to KLAP those downhills with 140mm travel! It's just the uphills that hold me back.

Just came back from 6 days of hiking the Amotola trail. It has to be the most awesome stretch of country i have ever seen. Waterfalls, gorges, jungle, mountains and forest. This area is magnificent. finished the hike in Hogsback. I wish i had my MTB this area is a must for anyone who rides mtb. Also thee vibe at Fairies is so lekker.

Just came back from 6 days of hiking the Amotola trail. It has to be the most awesome stretch of country i have ever seen. Waterfalls, gorges, jungle, mountains and forest. This area is magnificent. finished the hike in Hogsback. I wish i had my MTB this area is a must for anyone who rides mtb. Also thee vibe at Fairies is so lekker.

Hay Stevief

Glad you enjoyed the hike! But I guarantee it is much more fun by MTB!!

Some of the LotCR route actually traverses sections of the Amatola Hiking Trail :drool:

Hay Stevief

Glad you enjoyed the hike! But I guarantee it is much more fun by MTB!!

Some of the LotCR route actually traverses sections of the Amatola Hiking Trail :drool:

My issue is this i have entered the w2w but i would prefer to ride LOTCR. So i need to sell my w2w entry and convince my partner to sell his then i can come back to Hogsback. Any hubbers keen on buying w2w team entry ??

My issue is this i have entered the w2w but i would prefer to ride LOTCR. So i need to sell my w2w entry and convince my partner to sell his then i can come back to Hogsback. Any hubbers keen on buying w2w team entry ??

Stevief, you might have to start your own thread to sell the w2w entry..... or list it in the classifieds?

Did you do w2w last year? I heard bottlenecking was a major headache for most riders. Is it true?

Stevief, you might have to start your own thread to sell the w2w entry..... or list it in the classifieds?

Did you do w2w last year? I heard bottlenecking was a major headache for most riders. Is it true?

yeah did it last year, bottlenecking was a huge problem as the average rider had very little tech skills. this year they have split the race in 2 1 for adventure riders and 1 for race riders. maybe it will be better.

yeah did it last year, bottlenecking was a huge problem as the average rider had very little tech skills. this year they have split the race in 2 1 for adventure riders and 1 for race riders. maybe it will be better.

apparently only bottlenecking at LOTCR will be at the bar at the afterparty...at the fairies. make a plan boet, a must do race!!!

apparently only bottlenecking at LOTCR will be at the bar at the afterparty...at the fairies. make a plan boet, a must do race!!!

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :thumbup:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Too Right Sir Morgan!!!

:D