[Event] Lord Of The Chain Rings 2011 3 Day MTB Stage Race

DirtBag

o , and can i team up with 1 of the bizzhub babes ??

You might not be able to keep up with them on the trail...... but keep the final party in mind :drool:

It could be nice with all those lovely legs ladies!! :blush:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember : Entries are opening for non-2010 participants on the 15th March!! So you'll have to act quick to get in!! ;)

So just like all other stage events its "up yours" to all of us who could not not participate last year but might like to this year. Instead of becoming a closed shop how about being a little different and opening up entries to everyone from the beginning. If you want to be loyal maybe give 20% to last years entrants first and the rest of them get preferential listing on the waiting list. That way some of us might get lucky with an entry instead of becoming another Sani2C with 0% chance or getting in.

I must agree with ingsma....you can get a situation were us poor sods sit on two or three waiting lists all of our lives ...and NEVER be able to get an entry??

Rather open it up entirely to new participants - thta way you also do not have to live up to any previous expectations!! As all the riders will be first-timers to your particular race...no pressure?

I must agree with ingsma....you can get a situation were us poor sods sit on two or three waiting lists all of our lives ...and NEVER be able to get an entry??

Rather open it up entirely to new participants - thta way you also do not have to live up to any previous expectations!! As all the riders will be first-timers to your particular race...no pressure?

ahh, yes and no. It's good to support the people who took a chance on you in the first place. If everyone just waited around for 'decent' events with a good track record then who would support the race pioneers in their first attempt at putting on new events?

and it being hard getting into Sani2c is a myth, just be patient and follow the waiting list with substituions. much more effective than moaning.

Getting a race on TV is crazy expensive! But it is the only way to grow the race,

I disagree, ever heard of below the line advertising? if your race is good, well then word of mouth will do more than a halfhour on miway.

ahh, yes and no. It's good to support the people who took a chance on you in the first place. If everyone just waited around for 'decent' events with a good track record then who would support the race pioneers in their first attempt at putting on new events?

That's why I suggested the 20% guaranteed. Events like this need to be more accessible. Let us say that you are someone who has just come back from overseas or just got into MTB'ing or you're a youngster who is now old enough to take part in an event. So you enter the ones you would like to do only to be told "thanks, you are number 3000 on the waiting list. please be patient".

and it being hard getting into Sani2c is a myth, just be patient and follow the waiting list with substituions. much more effective than moaning.

Been waiting patiently to get an entry there for 4+ years.

.. But it is the only way to grow the race, and it is a nice reminder for the riders of how nice it was, and the back markers can see what was going on at the sharp end of the race. :D

Thanks but since I don't have DSTV I slip up on the proceedings :(

Also just wondering as to who's interests spending so much on the production actually serves. As a fee-paying rider, I don't feel its add much value to my experience. From a commercial PoV: Yes, maybe when you looking for sponsors you tell them its going to be aired on TV thus enticing them, but you have to spend so much getting the coverage it seems to me to be off questionable value, except upping the commercial stakes, and it become a more big bux elitist event etc.

But having had that winge, I will be there hopefully. Looking forward to the new Day 2 route although I really enjoyed the old one, especially the dip in that river!

Edited by kosmonooit

That's why I suggested the 20% guaranteed. Events like this need to be more accessible.

simple supply and demand. oversupply means their doing something right, and are more than welcome to structure entries as they please. but ja, entries for lotcr aren't even full yet.

Been waiting patiently to get an entry there for 4+ years.

and never been offered an entry from waiting list? Well then, plenty of people have overtaken you then. Of course entering on the day entries come out is a fairly obvious suggestion.

another one is to take the leave, and aim at getting a last minute entry from cancellations, always some around. if it doesn't work out then you cancel the leave or go on your own mtb tour somewhere.

I think there should be a fair chance to still get in as the race size has doubled fron 50-100 teams . so if all 2010 teams re-enter , the race will only be half full ..so we just got to enter as soon entries open on 15th. cm

I got into w2w 5 days before the event started. Was on the waiting list and got no joy then went with my mate who was in the race to the pre event briefieng spoke to an organiser and boom i was in. The next day i got a phone call saying my turn on the waiting list is available. SO from not being in i now had 2 entries . If you want to do these events you can almost always get in there will always be last min cancellations. People, get injured, work, sick , have to travel etc and things open up.

Thanks but since I don't have DSTV I slip up on the proceedings :(

Also just wondering as to who's interests spending so much on the production actually serves. As a fee-paying rider, I don't feel its add much value to my experience.

Hi Kosmonooit

Fair comments, but I must remind you that the TV coverage brought with it many of the sponsors which allowed us to give each rider a goodie-bag filled to the top with almost R800's worth of goodies and memorabilia. It also meant we could give you Spur Burgers every lunch time when you finished. All the free Beer :clap: , hot chocolates, fruit juices and milk. The free internet cafe. And all the awesome giveaways at the after party.

These things all add to the overall experience, and definitely do not come out of the entry fee.

I hope this sets your mind at ease.... and do not fret because you missed the TV coverage. It will be on YouTube soon! :thumbup:

allowed us to give each rider a goodie-bag filled to the top with almost R800's worth of goodies and memorabilia. It also meant we could give you Spur Burgers every lunch time when you finished. All the free Beer :clap: , hot chocolates, fruit juices and milk. The free internet cafe. And all the awesome giveaways at the after party. :thumbup:

The party sounds so epic I reckon I'd do the race just to get in there!

Party_ON :thumbup:

The party sounds so epic I reckon I'd do the race just to get in there!

Party_ON :thumbup:

Dude! You have no idea how cool the after party is!! ;)

Having all those like-minded mountain bikers, dishing out payback to our poor mascot ( life size fiberglass hog) on the dance-floor. Heaps of giveaways from sponsors :thumbup: . Imported DJ!! A recipe for craziness!

It was part of our plan all along to finish the race on the Saturday sothat the riders can party like there's no tomorrow and then still recover(from the hard riding of course) and drive/fly home safely on the Sunday. That's why our full package includes the Saturday evening accommodation.

entries open tomorrow for new riders !!!! must get in.. cm

In the next 30minutes the entries open for first-timers!!!

Almost all the 2010 riders have re-entered giving us a 90% re-entry score!! :clap:

Thanks guys!! It must mean we did something right last year! And we will be working OVERTIME to make sure we do EVEN MORE right this year!! :thumbup:

Hi Guys, due to a large number of entries this morning, the entry system bombed out for a few hours..... :blush: probably went on strike for higher wages or something :blink:

But, it is back online now, so anybody who tried to enter this morning but could not...... give it another bash! :thumbup: