[Event] Lord Of The Chain Rings 2011 3 Day MTB Stage Race

DirtBag

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops!

Forgot to put the pic in with the smiling LotCR participant. At this stage the chap was already 50km into day 3!! This must have been an awesome ride for him to still be smiling like that!!

post-3726-0-85550100-1301398577.jpg

Here are the leading ladies of 2010 enjoying the view of the mountains they just came from :drool:

post-3726-0-79945500-1301401158.jpg

Caitlin de Wet and Andrea von Holdt

Both have entered again for 2011 :clap:

Nice pic but we didn't go via or over the Hartsberg last time Dirtbag (the hart being barely visible under the neap of leading ladies arm) although rumour has it that this year we might be headed that way

Nice pic but we didn't go via or over the Hartsberg last time Dirtbag (the hart being barely visible under the neap of leading ladies arm) although rumour has it that this year we might be headed that way

Ok, Ok.... you got me :blush: But those mountains do look alot like the hogs ;)

But once again it seems like we have a mole in our midst..... where do you get your rumours from? :unsure:

BOET YOU MUST HAVE BEEN CHECKING FROM YOUR SPACESTATION. THAT WAS DIE HART IN THE BACKGROUND QUITE CORRECT. AFTER WATERPOINT 2 ON DAY 3 , 2010.

ELANDSBERG IS THE MOUNTAIN . YOU "RUSSIAN" PILOTS SEEM TO KNOW THE AREA WELL, MAYBE GIVE THE GUY IN THE TUB SOME TIPS FOR 2011. DA CAPTAIN

Ja boet whatever, its a matter of the heart: the place I fell in love with mtb. We used to be able to go swim at Coolin Dam over there before the laarnies pulled in. Lets hope that trend does not continue.

Edited by kosmonooit

im keen to do it - just looking for a team-mate to do it with, im in east london, looking for a person to start the trainin with asap

R3400 per person including accommodation and meals

can contact michael on 0730212911

Here are the leading ladies of 2010 enjoying the view of the mountains they just came from :drool:

post-3726-0-79945500-1301401158.jpg

Caitlin de Wet and Andrea von Holdt

Both have entered again for 2011 :clap:

this is where i wiped out badly lastyear - but still got back on my bike and carried on to win the 45km race on sunday lol - all i can say is the route is amazing for the little of it i saw - def wana do the full race this year im hooked

post-15151-0-00917000-1301557099.jpg

Edited by mikeford

rode up in the clouds last weekend. rode up in hoggsback towards katberg side,

early morning only hoggsback and high peaks in sunlight. the valleys below a carpet off cloud all the way down to the coast. i find something new every time i go to hoggsback, riding endless and natural beauty pedalling PROZAK.

IF YOU AINT IN YET , BEG PRAY , THIS PLACE ROCKS... CM

How is it going with the entries now anyway? LotCR all full up?

And, AMAZING photos man, really get's one in the mood for some awesome sights!

HI DB GOT SOME MATES FROM UK WANTING TO COME DO LOTCR , ANY INT SPOTS LEFT ??

Hay Captain

Yes, there are still about 15 spots left and going steadily. We are going to run out of accommodation soon, so act quick!! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

There are only 7 entries still available for the 2011 event!!!! 2 with full accommodation and 5 with no accommodation!!!

So if you want in..... you have to act QUICK!!! :eek:

Thanks to all the riders that entered early!! We are full steam ahead in making this years event even MORE MEMORABLE!!!

COOL ......CANT WAIT. :clap: :clap: I HEAR MIKE AND MARY[TEAM KENDA/SEVEN/NO TUBES] 2 AMERICAN PROS AFTER COMPETING AT WORLD CUP PMB STOPPED OVER AT THE FAIRIES IN HOGGSBACK ON ROUTE TO NATIONAL IN PE . THEY WERE SO IMPRESSED WITH THE RIDING THAT THEY ARE GOING BACK TO TRAIN ON THE LOTCR ROUTES BEFORE FLYING TO THE NEXT WORLD CUP IN UK. :thumbup: CM

It has happened!!

The Full Accommodation Entries are full! :thumbup:

There are still a couple of Budget Entries available at R 3,800-00 per team of 2. Then you just have to find your own accommodation (of which there is plenty options in Hogsback)

Don't miss the last opportunity to get in for 2011!!