Inside CRC

DuncanCT

flip those photo's are hectic ..... their buying power must be enormous !!

how many bike shops do we have in SA ? How many people employed ?

I mean 420 staff - 9 languages, a showroom where you can ask to see anything ... thats just awesome!!

Their showroom is as good as some of the shops here . Glad i dont live near there.

Reading the info it seems as they must have quite a few overheads as well.

I always wondered how they built their wheels. Was afraid it was all hand as I don't think their are enough quality wheel builders in the world just for CRC alone.

I like the idea of the showroom, look and touch but order via PC for instant service.

Funny that I started suggested on a similar system (self help terminals with prices and stock indication in the show room) for when I was working the largest Mattress retailer in SA in 2002, but the idea was turned down by not only them but also the competition who I ended up working for. Hey,

Frikkking scary awesome!!

TAlk about buying power!!

And to think there are still a group advocating to boycot CRC...good luck to them!

Great insightful article :thumbup:

I like the idea of the showroom, look and touch but order via PC for instant service.

Funny that I started suggested on a similar system (self help terminals with prices and stock indication in the show room) for when I was working the largest Mattress retailer in SA in 2002, but the idea was turned down by not only them but also the competition who I ended up working for. Hey,

Its called Argos :thumbup:

How is any other suppose to compete with that? They have more people working there then the whole SA industry.

Thank you sir.

Hopefully this will silence the nubbins who think that a warehouse and 420 staff members are a low overhead. Or that some Spanish bike shop is going to close them down.

Firstly the Spanish sunk their own Armada, and secondly the good ol' Oirissh 'ave been blowing the opposition away until just recently - quite literally.

What did they think crc consisted of, bewilderedirishman.com sitting behind a computer yelling at his mom to grab and bag another SRAM FD, but not the red one, a pink!

TRUST ME GENTLEMEN. The price that these products leave eastern factories for, is universes removed from the price we end up paying!

If LBS'S dont adjust, they are going to die - simple.