My Rescued Cruiser

EigerSA

Found in a sorry state, totally abused and neglected. Spent about 6 months removing rust, taking off seized bolts and nuts, arguing with the chromers, fighting with the powder-coaters... but eventually she's fit and ready for her first public appearance... behold my new baby...

07032011062.jpg

07032011063.jpg

07032011064.jpg

Literally tightened the last nut 10 minutes ago so captured these shots on a not-so-flattering Nokia E5, plan on better photo's at a later stage.

thanks, cannot wait to get it to the beach! I'm thinking I'm even going to ride the Tour Durban and Amashova on her... I'm totally stoked :)

thanks, cannot wait to get it to the beach! I'm thinking I'm even going to ride the Tour Durban and Amashova on her... I'm totally stoked :)

Make sure the parts stay well lubed if you are gonna take it down the beach, also wash it straight after. ;)

Kiff, Eiger! It always does my heart good to know a bike's been rescued. May you have seriously good times on her!

Looking cool.. good luck for the future rides with her

• 2 weeks later...

:clap:

Was that it's original fork? Sweet!! I see thatbike and I think of those orange Ice-cream suckers, and the beach... That would be awesome up and down the Seapoint Promenade! :D

Well done on saving her. I have a similar looooong-term project lined up for an old-skool Invader tandem...

@RodTi - yup, original, just got it chromed with a few other items. The only thing not original is the seat, I got the original but need to just find some spare time and recover it - thinking nguni hide :D she's awesome on the beachfront, loads of compliments :)

@Hairy - was my intention all along to take pics along the way and record the build, the bike had been sitting int he garage for about 6 months after I found her, then just out of the blue I got a bee in my bonnet and in the space of week got her re-done, totally forgot the build photo's!