The advantages of a thuaxle over QR??

Palaeodom

That head tube looks like a 90mm mortar tube!!!!!!!!

Jeez Big H how old are you!? 90mm mortar hey? Only okes ever to use one of those were the Japs in WW2 :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks you shouldn't hold your breath...

Wouldn't the best test of skills and size of manjunk be a race on a trail unsighted by both? Gotta be the best way to test one's mettle

Wouldn't the best test of skills and size of manjunk be a race on a trail unsighted by both? Gotta be the best way to test one's mettle

I dont think Big...whoever will stand up....he/she might just be someones alter ego...

Anyways, have never met dangle but I have seen the man in his USN kit at races....he farksoffffff at the speed of white light so would love to see this happen but alas it might just fall flat, if only Big.... will put their money where their mouth is(yes i am stirring) :D

Guest Big H

My punctuation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!are bigger than your

You are out of line, I own them..... see my signature

Sal interressant wees om te hoor wat hulle se..... doen asseblief so. Is joune ook klein omdat jy die goed gebruik????? .... by the way Barry is Tumbleweed..... hy is Burry

Goed, dankie vir vandag se spel lessie :) Ek kan regtig my klein tottie op die blok sit en se USN se produkte werk by verre beter as Brandy & Coke ;)

....... Kan jy kommentaar lewer oor die nuwe rumours asseblief??????

Watse rumours ? Werp lig daarop asseblief, aangesien die thread nou gehijack is deur die Big mouths.

A lot of the trough axle hype also enamated from the litigation mad American public. The Lawyer lips on skewer forks are a shining example. The has been reported cases of skewers shearing under the load of 180mm and larger disks. Some manufacturers also warn that disks larger than 160 mm should not be used when using skewers. As written elsewhere I know that Marzocchi offers or offered the service of supplying new lowers for their forks to accommodate a through axle. There was a discussion revolving around skewers and through axles on MTB Tandems on an international forum at the time we upgraded to disks on our Tandem. The concensus was that if you have an aggressive style of riding, a through axle would be better. We decided on good quality skewers as we will never in our life take part in aggressive mountain bike riding with our tandem. The tandem ws intended to take the hammering of bad quality African Roads and will most likely travel back to Nigeria with us when we return from our home leave in April.

The cost of upgrading to through axles is quite hig as it entails a new fork a new hub and most likely a whole new front wheel.

BIG H !!!

1. Now that word "enamated?" - very good, it fits the American ethos perfectly. Well done.

>enema n. (instrument for ) injection of liquid &c. into the rectum

2. May I suggest you take part in some aggressive riding, that way the Dangle et al. might be able to get by without you pissing on their collective batteries.

3. You may correct me, but I understood you were in (West Africa) correcting the poor African road situation?

Warm Regards - The Drongo

Die grooter Groot Beck

Edited by The Drongo

It's actually annoying when people like Big Baby and Big H come on here and take on knowledgeable people that have years of experience in the industry and then attempt to belittle them with comments about things that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. There are so many professionals in the cycling industry that do not want to comment on most subjects because of people like Big Baby and Big H, as they believe they are the EXPERTS because they have read the technical documents on the internet or because they are top riders that have done many BIG bicycle races. These black belt keyboard warriors are preventing experienced people from having an opinion and advising people with real facts. Someone such as Dangle takes the time to log on here and share his thoughts, someone with credentials, then people come and blast him for his input or opinion? No wonder it keeps most distributors, REAL pro's and bike shop owners off the Hub! WTF is Big H going on about rumours? Please, tell us, we all are getting tired of stupid rumours!

Guest Big H

BIG H !!!

1. Now that word "enamated?" - very good, it fits the American ethos perfectly. Well done.

>enema n. (instrument for ) injection of liquid &c. into the rectum

2. May I suggest you take part in some aggressive riding, that way the Dangle et al. might be able to get by without you pissing on their collective batteries.

3. You may correct me, but I understood you were in (West Africa) correcting the poor African road situation?

Warm Regards - The Drongo

Die grooter Groot Beck

Sheesh...... I MUST get that thru axle Maverick DUC 32 shock now!!!!!! Can you imagine me and the old lady beating the Dingle Dangle on our Tandem when we start riding aggressively!!!!!!

Dit laat my dink aan Gatiep en Meraai.

Meraai: En wie dink djy gaan djy met daarie klein dingetjie bevredig???????

Gatiep: Myself natuurlik!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Goodbadugly

So after all the rubbish has there been any progress? from what i can gether here's how it looks.

Through-axles provide better rigidity and strength around where your wheel joins to your bike...a pretty important area which sees a bunch of different abuse from different types of riders.

Through axle systems are suited to those people who require the added structural integrety you get from a rigid permament axle. Mainly FR and DH, whose bikes are also much heavier, Thats why more of their bikes come with through-axle ready formats.

Through-axles although improving these things are not so necessary on XC bikes as the stresses on the axles are less violent and XC bikes weigh as little as possible. Most XC shocks and frame do not come fitted with a through-axle compatability although a bunch of hubs do.

There is not a lot of point in changing to a through-axle as an XC rider as it means a whole bunch of expense for something that is designed to be more advantageous when you put it under a greater deal of stress than most XC riders would put their bikes through....Like throwing it straight down a mountain. I'm sure we;d all agree that XC bikes are not meant to do what FR and DH bikes are.

found a huge difference when I did the swap and my niner came with a thruaxle front wheel... :thumbup:

Personally I have no need of any extra stiffness, but for those who do, apparently these work better than a thru-axle!

post-20033-0-02742700-1299770917.jpg

Guest Big H

Personally I have no need of any extra stiffness, but for those who do, apparently these work better than a thru-axle!

Ask Nathrix.......... he claims he knows experts with dangling appendices

Ask Nathrix.......... he claims he knows experts with dangling appendices

Spreading another RUMOUR or is this one of your EXPERT opinions again?

This is what most people think of you:

Dikvellig?????????????? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! TM ®

post-4329-0-88569200-1299779769.jpg