Price Terrorists!

Nic0000

What amazes me is the lack of understanding for secondhand value. Sure, try and make your money back but be realistic.

Everyday some plonker walks into my shop trying to sell me a secondhand guitar or something. The horrified looks I get when I offer them -10% on my cost for a new one is priceless. I have resorted to sending them to Gumtree from the start, as I am tired of being called a crook. Why would I buy something used for more than I get a new one for. :blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sending them to Gumtree from the start,

What I find weird is I posted two laptops on junkmail yesterday, and I am flooded with scam responses via e-mail from west africa. Has junkmail become the new gumtree?

Damn and I thought we were gonna discuss something interesting like "Tige? Brand?" ?

Edited by Seeker911

Damn and I thought we were gonna discuss something interesting like "Tige? Brand?" ?

Nah, arcelor mittal or sasol fertilizer, or adcock ingram would be more fun. Aren't adcock part of tiger brands anyway?

Me too.

You're doing a poor job so far. More wailing and gnashing of teeth required.

Edited by Edman

So why don't the seller then reply and say - SORRY that is my price and I am sticking to it???

We are looking out for each other and try to help - yes telling you to drop your price is helping you otherwise you are not going to sell it.

You're doing a poor job so far. More wailing and gnashing of teeth required.

Should I go back to the clubs and lady cyclist thread?

What I find weird is I posted two laptops on junkmail yesterday, and I am flooded with scam responses via e-mail from west africa. Has junkmail become the new gumtree?

Haaahaha.

Big H got your IP address dude!! Time to toughen up !! This be MUTHU AFRIKA!

Haaahaha.

Big H got your IP address dude!! Time to toughen up !! This be MUTHU AFRIKA!

Ha! Joke's on him then. I owe him a beer next time he's here, so I'll force him to drink castle, that'll teach him to spam me.

damn bread companies make to much money.

the next price increase because of the "fuel" is also going to cover the fine that they paid.

the buggers.

I reckon at least 8 before my lunchtime beer...

Beat you to it. My aptly named colleague, Mark Beer, has beer in his fridge here at the office! Cheers.

Beat you to it. My aptly named colleague, Mark Beer, has beer in his fridge here at the office! Cheers.

Bugger.

lot of jokes, but I think Nic got a point.

How many people sit here, waiting on ads and then just police the price, quality etc.

And guess what? None of them are really interested in buying the item, they just post a opinion, because they can.

The bottom line is that people do not understand the word RESPECT.

Most of the Hubbers do not show RESPECT to the other on this forum.

As long as they can differ, be smartass and insult. Than their day is made.

And withing the first 20 posts, it becomes a personal attact and insults.