Cycle Tour Trust, please move the expo

Red Zone

two gatorskins and two tubes for R600 at CWC, was what I saw. They had marked the price down on the original special

now you tell me...

hey, when it hits R500 someone put a special post on so everyone can make a plan! :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got there at about 2.30pm this arvy I was met with rather a foul stink....and there, in the basement area, was a HoneySucker siphoning some sheee-ite up off the floor. Looked and smelt like the lavatories above the area had imploded. I nearly choked on my free Mentos!

Went this morning as it opened and it a shocking venue and the surrounds are even worse. I parked up some side road, and there was human **** all over the pavement and bottle glass everywhere. Not a great marketing tool for Cape Town. The CTICC center would be far better venue.

No specials at the expo, i had priced a list of items before going, hoping to pick up some deals, all the same prices as CWC online, and other local LBS's. Solomons were not there either. Disappointed.

I need to buy Gatorskins at the expo. Any on special?

Specials right here on the Hub bud, PM Tarmac, he is selling R500 a pair!

The Argus without the expo in the GHC will be like the Argus without the "Mountain"

or wind :lol:

The GHC is Shimano Sora, it hardly works and has no character, now if it were Campy Super Record....

10/10 dude you should be president!!!!!

So I went to the expo today. The parking situation is a disaster, the old Good Hope Centre is a dog in need of demolition and is realy not suited to the expo, the expo needs to be moved to the CTICC, ample parking and a great place to showcase the largest timed cycle race in the world.

Whenever I hear something is at GHC, I give it a skip because of the parking.

Guest Big H

10/10 dude you should be president!!!!!

I agree about the Shimano Sora...... It is a kempekkernoglia copy Shimano improved but did not develop further because of those odly placed buttons.

A kempekker fan cannot do better than J Showerhead

Eh who needs parking at GHC? I just catch a taxi from seapoint, get dropped off outside, register, cstch a taxi back to seapoint. Easy peasy :clap:

I agree about the Shimano Sora...... It is a kempekkernoglia copy Shimano improved but did not develop further because of those odly placed buttons.

Gulp I agree with Big H :clap:

I totally agree. The place is an embaressment. Shocking, and it stank when I was there too. I was at the 94.7 expo and I enjoyed it so much I was expecting this to be twice as good, but whilst the stalls were great, the whole place is a sh-hole. CTICC is a no-brainer.

Oom one day when you finished learning how to build roads, then i'm going to teach you how to spell, and then maybe i'll be able to teach you what those odly (actually spelt oddly) placed buttons are for and how to work them

I was thinking about this yesterday, The only reason i can think of it not being at the CTICC is cost. :unsure:

I thought the venue itself was nicely dressed up for the EXPO. There is free parking around the venue, and alot even further into D6 if you don't mind walking. Having said that though, have to agree that the CTICC would be loads better.

On the plus side - the black Pinarello is simply gorgeous - I want one - so if anybody wants to swop their black Pinarello Dogma with SRecord and Campy wheels for a Spez SL2, SRAM Red and R-Sys - PM me. Size 54 -56cm. (I'm a borderline size - don't ask).

Went this morning as it opened and it a shocking venue and the surrounds are even worse. I parked up some side road, and there was human **** all over the pavement and bottle glass everywhere. Not a great marketing tool for Cape Town. The CTICC center would be far better venue.

No specials at the expo, i had priced a list of items before going, hoping to pick up some deals, all the same prices as CWC online, and other local LBS's. Solomons were not there either. Disappointed.

For Starters I have a business up the road, and the law, council and government doesnt do anything about the vagrants. These guys are drug dealing and pimping there counter parts. However the venue is alot cheaper than the CTICc, it was held there a few years ago and it was a disaster. The goodhope center started with the argus and I am sure it will die with it. Maybe they should revamp it. What I found sad about the expo was the lack of bicycles. There are alot of brands out the yet there was about only 4 at the expo. I am in the market for a new bike.

Imagine what extra cost the CTICC will add to the Argus entry fee. Can u imagine all the 30 page post we would have bemoaning the cost of the entry?

I love going to the GHC once a year for the expo - it's part of the Argus experience. There's ample free parking and enough space for all the stalls. There's no difference once you're inside anyway - the quality of the exhibitors determine the success of the expo, not the venue.

Why move it to the CTICC and effectively take a couple of hundred grand away from charities that the Cycle Tour Trust support?