My first dual suss, cant wait!!

Big Til

So after starting cycling last year i decided to celebrate my loss of 15kg in 10 months by getting myself a new steed. Bought the Merida 120 800D today for what i think is a very good price (R13,600). The only thing remaining is the decision whether to hang onto the HT for sentimental reasons or to sell is and do a conversion to tubeless on the merida.....

Keep the HT, its nice to have a spare bike for emergencies or friends etc.

Ditto, I did exactly that .... TUBELESS is a must ASAP.

Keep the HT.

Do a DIY conversion. Tape, tubeless valves, your tires, lots of air. Costs about R200. Upgrade to decent tyres when you kill your current ones.

Beware of usingf non UST tyres on conversion - my friend did the same and if your running a slightly low air pressure those tyres are bound to pop off and cause bad injuries. He almost killed himself coming down a steep hill and the tyres pop off the rim...

just a thought

Keep the hardtail...you never know you may just prefer it!

Also you could convert it to a single speed demon.

Congrats on the new toy, have you got a pic? as i can't be bothered to look it up right now. I'm sure you'll have hundreds of happy k's

Yeah.. Exactly.. U must not sell it.. If u do, one day you will regret as you may desperately wish to ride it again.

Pimp your HT with odds and ends when you can afford it, make it your fun bike / training bike that you can put long miles on. Doing high mileage on your dual-sus will cost you a packet in maintenance...save it for races or special occasions :thumbup: