Sub 3 Club Cape Argus 2011

andretraut

NET soos jy da se!laugh.giflaugh.gif damn i forgot! ha ha haa

ma anycase, time is time and mine was 5:40 group OC for a first timerlaugh.gif

My first one two years ago was 5:29. 2nd one was 3:53 on slicks, too!! I challenge you! (My suggestion is "CHEAT" - a road bike makes a world of difference!) :)

im getting a road bike, just decided that after the race!! im GETTING a road bike!laugh.giflaugh.gif nie lat ek 'n roadie wil word nietongue.gif

sorry yall..will stop the hijacking now...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you manage to do two laps? I checked with the organisers (probably my mistake) and they said it is not allowed and threatened with anything from removal from the course to a lifetime ban. So I decided against it.

If they want to ban me, they can personally go and tell the charity that I will no longer be raising funds for them :angry:

The second lap is unofficial, so there wont be any time given for that and they wont know about it either, unless one of you split on me!

Nuff said....!

2:49 for me out of VA :clap:

We should have gone a lot quicker - was one of the easier Argus's for quite a while.

Well done to all you sub-3hrs!!! :)

I got to Misty Cliffs at record speed for me (about 35kph) and feeling fantastic and some chop on his own in the middle of the road hit something and swerved violently to the right. Took me out. Bike broken, and in a world of pain! So jealous of all you guys!:(

Sorry to hear about the misfortune! Hope you are alright, sad about that beautiful piece of machinery. Get well soon!

We should have gone a lot quicker - was one of the easier Argus's for quite a while.

True but then again all the talent and strength in VA was riding Invitational.

Well done Velouria. Not bad for a MTBer.

True but then again all the talent and strength in VA was riding Invitational.

Well done Velouria. Not bad for a MTBer.

Good point. We just seemed to lack the motivation this year to dish out the pain to each other. Maybe we were all just playing nice because we had the ladies watching us.

I am not sure if being called a MTBer is a compliment or not, especially since I am a roadie at heart ;)

Good point. We just seemed to lack the motivation this year to dish out the pain to each other. Maybe we were all just playing nice because we had the ladies watching us.

I am not sure if being called a MTBer is a compliment or not, especially since I am a roadie at heart ;)

Its a compliment, you a classy MTBer. I read your blog alot, its very amusing with the write ups you do and the personal battles you have with that other pair who partner up.

Edited by Bpayne

Its a compliment, you a classy MTBer. I read your blog alot, its very amusing with the write ups you do and the personal battles you have with that other pair who partner up.

Thanks dude :blush:

The winning time of J group was 3:01 :clap: i had a great ride, sticked with J all the way to smits and just before the summit of smits they spat me out :( then a second bunch formed on the decent of smits and i stayed with bunch all the way to chappies when my friend crampalot started visiting. anyway managed to ride through cramps and finished a respectable 3:22...

worst of all, i pitch up at work today and my boss reckons, " i thought u taking the day off :angry: " now he tells me.

missed a break on ocean view due to dead wheels in front of me.. worked hard to get back on this massive bunch but to no avail.. ended with a 3:04 while they scored with 2:58 or less.. Damm!!!! So close but so far. I would be happy with a 2:59:59.

Well done to all who got their sub-3.

If they want to ban me, they can personally go and tell the charity that I will no longer be raising funds for them :angry:

The second lap is unofficial, so there wont be any time given for that and they wont know about it either, unless one of you split on me!

Nuff said....!

:o :o

Well done to everyone!

Had a nice ride in D - must've been alongside a few of you guys. Dropped me up the last bit of chappies. Landed up on 03:00:50 huh.gif

Not sure how many knew that we rode alongside Mr Fondriest himself - Maurizio Fondriest. Nice guy, he was cruising taking pics at the front, chatting to people and enjoying the scenery. thumbup1.gif

Well done. :clap:

Well done to everyone!

Had a nice ride in D - must've been alongside a few of you guys. Dropped me up the last bit of chappies. Landed up on 03:00:50 huh.gif

Nah, that is a 2:60:50

Only complaint was the litter along the route. This morning I took a ride up to Suikerbossie, GUI sachets all along the way, surely its not too much to ask riders to stash their trash (PA should remind riders about this at the start)

When I went up Suikerbossie, it was already bad (I summited at 11:50). I would HATE to know how bad it got after that. Dont people use their pockets anymore.... it is shocking!!

Lets also bear in mind.... taking a Gu whilst going up Suikerbossie, is NOT going to help you get up there!!!

Edited by I-FELT-the-FORCE