Can I sue?

marsmanb

Thanx to all

Heres pictures of it. You cant see it from 10m away, it just looks like the road is going on. its about half a meter deep

I ride roads like this every other week. If I would start to sue farmers like Cearus suggested, I would not only have no roads to ride on in no time, but I would look like an complete asshole and idiot in our community.

I really would have thought most cyclists had some more sense of self responsibility. The thing most people forget about the RAF is that you and me have to pay for these fools riding into off road ditches. My and your premiums go up as a result of some guy not wanting to take responsibilty for his own actions.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain where is the road in relation to the ditch. It just looks like a spot of erosion to me, I think you are stuffed, next time bunny hop rather than slamming on brakes. But call an ambulance chaser as per Helloise's post if you want proper advise, they often work on a no payout no fee basis.

I ride roads like this every other week. If I would start to sue farmers like Cearus suggested, I would not only have no roads to ride on in no time, but I would look like an complete asshole and idiot in our community.

I really would have thought most cyclists had some more sense of self responsibility. The thing most people forget about the RAF is that you and me have to pay for these fools riding into off road ditches. My and your premiums go up as a result of some guy not wanting to take responsibilty for his own actions.

I never once suggested that anyone must go sue a farmer, Ive said people have sued farmers succesfully for things like this, so as a result most don't want you on their lands.

It just looks like a spot of erosion to me, I think you are stuffed, next time bunny hop rather than slamming on brakes.

+1

Sorry dude, many of us have moered off with those kind of trenches, I think you are at a loss with this one.

I tend to agree on this - looks like "open land". If you go off-road you accept the associated risk that go with the territory (is that a pun ?). Looks like a rain induced gat. I don't think you are going to come out smilimg here. Still hope you heal well & soon.

Well, this idiot would like to thank you for the decent settlement the RAF gave me in February. :P

I never once suggested that anyone must go sue a farmer, Ive said people have sued farmers succesfully for things like this, so as a result most don't want you on their lands.

Shows you how corrupt our judicial system can be.

Some oke rides his bicycle, on my private land, where I have signs that stipulates clearly that it's private land and that trespassers will be prostituted (by my hyenas), the trespasser then sues me and wins the case :unsure:

Shows you how corrupt our judicial system can be.

Some oke rides his bicycle, on my private land, where I have signs that stipulates clearly that it's private land and that trespassers will be prostituted (by my hyenas), the trespasser then sues me and wins the case :unsure:

I don't think its just our judicial system, its worldwide. Same reason when I was a health & safety officer for my company in the UK, I had to acess the potential danger of the 2 stairs outside(these where normal stairs, nothing fancy) our office in case someone might trip.

I agree seems crazy but thats the way society has become, seems like there is no such thing as an "accident" anymore.

Well, this idiot would like to thank you for the decent settlement the RAF gave me in February. :P

Thanks for confirming what I always knew. Oh, and thanks for deleting my post !

Sorry dude, many of us have moered off with those kind of trenches, I think you are at a loss with this one.

I am with you on that.

It looks like the trenches illegal power thieves make or it could be mother naure.

I'm sure Big H could shed some light on who is responsible for the area along side a road. Surely there has to be somone that maintains it. :unsure:

Thanks for confirming what I always knew. Oh, and thanks for deleting my post !

The pleasure is all mine. :thumbup:

The pleasure is all mine. :thumbup:

I know that's probably the only pleasure you have if life. Sad though ...

I know that's probably the only pleasure you have if life. Sad though ...

The other is giggling at your typos.

Anyhows…where were we? Oh, and the RAF have also given me an undertaking to pay for future medical expenses. And it's gonna be a lot.

RAF will only pay if a motor vehicle was involved.

There was a case in Cape Town where a roadie sued the council, when he crashed into a ditch at the side of the road (at the 4 way stop at the Contermanskloof Vissershok crossing) Roadie lost the case.

Its looks like a natural occurance, water or just plain soil erosion and not anything man made.

I doubt you will be successfull with any negligence claim and I am not sure who you intend claiming against anyway, your insurance should cover your bike damage and your medical aid your hospital stay, as far as compensation for pain and suffering, Uh-Uh, dont think so.