Cape Times Vigne-a-Vigne 2011

SWM1

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is last years 55km..did mail organizers for this year's profiles want mens weet mos nooit met die mense! vat nou mar die argus mtb 26km(2010 and printed on back of medal) previous years, so this year it was advertised as 25km(2011 also printed on back of medal)..we all finished and odo's said 20km!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wtf?????????????

anycase here it is:

I'm also doing the race for the first time with this past weekend (USN MTB cup race - Centurion) representing my first greater than 50km ride. So it's good to see the profile and I must add that this seems very hilly! How does this compare to the 40km Sabie Classic from Feb this year?

Anycase - looking forward to the event!

have i got this wrong now or what???

i live in somerset west and will obviously cycle to lourensford and was just informed there will be NO tog bag facilities!! huh??? wtf??? i have no where to put my stuff???

of reel hulle nie dit nie???huh.gif

have i got this wrong now or what???

i live in somerset west and will obviously cycle to lourensford and was just informed there will be NO tog bag facilities!! huh??? wtf??? i have no where to put my stuff???

of reel hulle nie dit nie???huh.gif

Doen jy die lang- of kortroete?

Jy kan dit in my kar toesluit as jy wil - solank daar net nie 'n bom in die sak is nie! :P

I've got an entry available for the race, won't be able to do the ride.

Not quite sure how the substitution work, I did try and phone today, but because of the Epic, the answering machines are on. I've got the number already, but I suppose you can go and find out tomorrow how it works.

Let me know if anybody is interested. Entry was R180, so would love to get that back.

I've got an entry available for the race, won't be able to do the ride.

Not quite sure how the substitution work, I did try and phone today, but because of the Epic, the answering machines are on. I've got the number already, but I suppose you can go and find out tomorrow how it works.

Let me know if anybody is interested. Entry was R180, so would love to get that back.

Hi - sent you a PM

I would like the entry and will refund.

thanks

Lizard you punk..... (Can't find the smiley face on my phone) anybody else pleeeese

you snooze - you lose

he he he

:P

HI There

I'm looking for 2 entries for the 26km. Please let me know if anyone has available!

Thanks

these people that organise these races boggle my mind, firstly I havent received any info via email for more info on race start, race nr etc. Secondly they charge R180- for entry, that is R80 too expensive according to me. Thirdly we will probably not get a goodiebag thats for sure. No route profile or map?!

and the the biggest joke of all is the prizes as per their website:

Men

1st Place: R500 Cyclelab Voucher, Cape Times tog bag with goodies, Camper Chair, Picnic blanket and bicycle lock.

2nd Place: R200 Cyclelab Voucher, Cape Times tog bag with goodies, Picnic blanket, Flask set and bicycle lock.

3rd Place: R100 Cyclelab Voucher, Picnic blanket, Flask set and bicycle lock

these people that organise these races boggle my mind, firstly I havent received any info via email for more info on race start, race nr etc. Secondly they charge R180- for entry, that is R80 too expensive according to me. Thirdly we will probably not get a goodiebag thats for sure. No route profile or map?!

and the the biggest joke of all is the prizes as per their website:

Men

1st Place: R500 Cyclelab Voucher, Cape Times tog bag with goodies, Camper Chair, Picnic blanket and bicycle lock.

2nd Place: R200 Cyclelab Voucher, Cape Times tog bag with goodies, Picnic blanket, Flask set and bicycle lock.

3rd Place: R100 Cyclelab Voucher, Picnic blanket, Flask set and bicycle lock

Well I paid R130.00 for the 26km collected my number in the waterfront and got 3 tickets for that wheel thingy valued at R80.00 each.Took the family for the ride,everyone happy.

3 wheel thingy tickets minus race entry equals R110.00 saved.

By the way all the info you need is on the website were you entered and a profile is at the begining of this thread.

so for the 1st mtb race ever, what would your advice be? 55km....

is it a tough route? fun? :D

where can we collect race packs?

what time do we need to be like lined up for the race? how long before?

i know the road you warm up before, as necesary to do in the mountain???

what do we take to collect our race numbers?

thanks