tough day for us Ferrari fans. Edited by Johny Bravo

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice milestone for the Hamster - best Nr of victories in a season

Hope he goes better

Geez!! Those Mercs can race are ridiculously faster than the other cars and have only themselves to race.

Drive of the day must definately be between Bottas or Ricciardo. I'm more inclined to go with Ricciardo because he had to do in a car that is miles slower than those he was overtaking.

Pretty boring race all in all.

Jeepers, you okes are really holding a grudge against Nico - for one (not every weekend) mistake?! Stupid move, it happened, many others have done far worse - and much worse have happenned down the field in almost every race. Blasted out of proportion because it was the two leading cars. Oh well...

Great quali and race by Lewis. Have to agree that it was most likely between Bottas and Ricciardo for driver of the day.

Don't understand RB's call on Vettel. Previously Monza was always won by the guy who pitted last (when everybody was running same tyres - as was pretty much the case here, since everybody was using same tyres strategy). How on earth they thought it was a good idea to bring him in numerous laps earlier than the rest, I will never comprehend. Ricciardo was on a great strategy, if you wanted to go "different".

Jeepers, you okes are really holding a grudge against Nico - for one (not every weekend) mistake?! Stupid move, it happened, many others have done far worse - and much worse have happenned down the field in almost every race. Blasted out of proportion because it was the two leading cars. Oh well...

Great quali and race by Lewis. Have to agree that it was most likely between Bottas and Ricciardo for driver of the day.

Don't understand RB's call on Vettel. Previously Monza was always won by the guy who pitted last (when everybody was running same tyres - as was pretty much the case here, since everybody was using same tyres strategy). How on earth they thought it was a good idea to bring him in numerous laps earlier than the rest, I will never comprehend. Ricciardo was on a great strategy, if you wanted to go "different".

I still believe that there is something fishy happening around Vettel. You simply do not drive like he is after 4 straight WC. I know he had a good car but jeez this is ridiculous.

Perhaps the Mclaren/Honda rumours are true and so RBR has shifted their focus more to Ricciardo...........?

I still believe that there is something fishy happening around Vettel. You simply do not drive like he is after 4 straight WC...

Definitely

Read the interview with Christian Horner and he gives insight into reason for race strategy, think they got it wrong but doubt they would intentionally choose to not support fully their 4x WC. In his interview he says they didn't think Ricciardo would come up through the field like he did in end and that tires went in favor of one driver and held out for less than hoped for the other. Think the fact that Vettel held on to the 6th spot was full credit as you could tell the tires were struggling for pace/etc and few more laps and he could have dropped fair bit lower then just losing the 5th spot.

Was great watching the battle between Button and Perez and the rest of them vying for the points from 4th-9th spot, Lots of overtaking made the race entertaining, Bottas with a car(Merc engine) with speeds that let him pull similar overtaking move lap after lap that made it look easy.

I still believe that there is something fishy happening around Vettel. You simply do not drive like he is after 4 straight WC. I know he had a good car but jeez this is ridiculous.

Perhaps the Mclaren/Honda rumours are true and so RBR has shifted their focus more to Ricciardo...........?

Its not that complicated - Occam's razor applies here. As a driver you look as good as your team mate makes you look. There were (very rare) occasions when Webber hit the sweet spot and he made Vettel look quite ordinary. For the most part though, Webber was delivering VERY mediocre performances in a car way better than anything else on the grid. This (the car + Webber) made Vettel seem better than he was. Add to that Riciardo is flippin good and maybe more motivated than Vettel (who isn't used to having to drive a car that is second tier, doesn't like the engines in the new formula bla bla).

Interesting article on JAonF1

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/09/a-response-to-the-conspiracy-theories-on-nico-rosbergs-mistake-in-monza/

"Braking for Turn 1 at Monza the car is travelling at 225mph and slowing to 50mph in just 139 metres, over 2.6 seconds. At that speed it covers 100m in one second. So if you misjudge your braking point by a tenth of a second you run 10 metres too long, which is enough to have a moment like Rosberg."

Interesting article on JAonF1

http://www.jamesalle...stake-in-monza/

"Braking for Turn 1 at Monza the car is travelling at 225mph and slowing to 50mph in just 139 metres, over 2.6 seconds. At that speed it covers 100m in one second. So if you misjudge your braking point by a tenth of a second you run 10 metres too long, which is enough to have a moment like Rosberg."

I see the conspiracy theorists are saying he made the mistakes on purpose..............

I see the conspiracy theorists are saying he made the mistakes on purpose..............

Yip. Wolff has actually had to go on record to deny it. The interwebs can be silly some times.

In other news...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28868.html

Post-race rumours swirl in Monza paddock - F1's 2015 'silly season' is no longer just about the drivers.

Now, it is major rumblings about the teams themselves that are making waves as the sport packs up after Lewis Hamilton's win at Monza.

Former Williams chairman Adam Parr issued an alarming 'tweet' after the Italian grand prix declaring: "This is the last year of F1 as we know it. "In 2015 eight teams will contest the championship, with several teams entering three cars."

The 'tweet' immediately sent worried eyes around the paddock, as protagonists wondered who the departing three teams could be. One might be Caterham, after its founder Tony Fernandes recently sold to a mysterious Swiss-Middle Eastern consortium.

"The economics of the sport is all wrong," the Malaysian entrepreneur told the Independent newspaper last week. "Bar Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes and McLaren, everyone else is struggling."

The latest rumour is that the Leafield based team's newly-installed boss Christijan Albers has quit because promised funds from the new owners did not materialise. Caterham announced on Sunday that Dutchman Albers has indeed resigned to "spend more time with my family", with Manfredi Ravetto taking over.

Also undoubtedly struggling is Marussia, who according to driver Max Chilton at Spa had resorted to trying to "sell my seat" to stay afloat.

And Lotus was strongly tipped to be moving to end its current slump by installing Mercedes power for 2015, until speculation emerged the deal has been held up because a deposit to the German marque was not paid.

"No it's not true," deputy boss Federico Gastaldi told Britain's Sky on Sunday. "We're with Renault at the moment and we're working for this year, not the next."

Yet another struggling team is Sauber, but reports are now circulating that Canadian retail billionaire and unabashed motor racing fan Lawrence Stroll is buying the Swiss team.

But could the multiple struggling teams' potential demise, and thereby the need to boost the grid next year with third car entries, explain the recent quickfire spate of bosses meetings with Bernie Ecclestone?

Mercedes' Toto Wolff said on Friday that the latest meeting, held at Monza, was "nothing very spectacular".

"It's just another meeting we had, another important meeting."

Also undoubtedly having a series of meetings at present are Ferrari and Fiat chiefs, as persistent speculation continues to strongly insist that Luca di Montezemolo's departure is imminent.

Even his likely successor, Sergio Marchionne, is now making comments that indicate a lack of harmony behind closed doors.

"Luca di Montezemolo and I are great friends," the Fiat and Chrysler chairman told reporters on Sunday, "but when I read his statements, I thought they were things I would never have said about myself.

"Everybody is useful but nobody essential," Marchionne added.

Ricciardo is a superstar in the making... He is crushing Vettel on a weekly basis, beautiful stuff!

Ricciardo is a superstar in the making... He is crushing Vettel on a weekly basis, beautiful stuff!

Indeed!

And such style in racing and demeanour

I think there might be a good chance we see Vettel in the Mcclaren Honda next year. I am not his biggest fan, but like others mentioned earlier, you dont just go from 4 world titles to nothing.

anyone heard anything about the rumours that we might have 3 Ferraris, 3 Red Bulls and 3 Mcclarens on the grid in 2015. apparently some teams are leaving end of the season, thus allowing the teams that can afford it to field 3 cars. Now, Vettel, Alonso and Lewis at Mcclaren next year would be absolutely Epic. :D